(females) Victoria Secret fashion show

Options
2»

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I had never watched it before, but did watch this one while working.
    I was enthralled. Not the women ( they were almost an accessory); the fabrics, staging, music- just the total theatrics of it.
    Now I wish I had recorded it so I could look at what the women's bodies were like.
    I wanted the wings they were wearing. Hee hee.

Cheers, h.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIaT6nL6d5Y

if you wanna re-watch it
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I don't really ever watch it. There's no way to know how the lingerie would look on me, since I'm not so long-limbed, tall and narrow. If they had some variety in body shape --at least shorter girls-- I'd be much more interested.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I think I should say thanks @annette_15, but I know I an going to watch it again whenI really should be doing some Christmas prep.
    It will wait until later.

Cheers, h.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Local radio station announcer commented this morning that they did special exercises and worked out ONE WHOLE HOUR A DAY!! to "tone" and "lengthen their muscles". I almost bust a gut laughing. My son asked how you could lengthen a muscle when it was anchored to bone at each end. There is no doubt that they work extremely hard to maintain their appearance, it is their lively hood after all, but they have the right genes to start with, keep their body fat very low with little muscle. I remember watching an interview with a top model on tv where she said at the height of her career she was so thin and weak that she could not pull the door open at a local mall. The money would be nice, but I would rather be fit and healthy (plus I'm pretty sure I am too short and out of the right age range now lol).
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I watch it every year. I like all the beauty of ii.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I've never watched the entire show, but seen bits and pieces of it each year. I think VS models do look amazing and they are really not "waifish". Yes, they are thin and fit, but they have to have a little curve in the bust to be able to wear the pretty bras.

I've been a lot of different sizes in my life (S-XL) and have bought VS bras and panties regardless of my size and weight. They still make you feel pretty! Currently sporting one of the VS sport bras. A bit spendy it was, but really one of the best sport bras I've ever had.

Now for real fashion shenanigans, tune in to my favorite - Project Runway!
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "It"
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy and hungry to do whatever it would require to look like that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't have tv and hate their underwear so...I didn't watch it. I have looked through the magazines though and those bods are banging. I don't compare myself to them though because I will never look like that. I just love working towards the best I can be. Plus I'm stronger than those chicks.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Im just over here loling. I don't think the op said she was comparing herself to these models. I think she meant she was watching the show to get motivation so she could one day wear the beautiful lingerie that was worn in the show. I don't think she meant her goal was to be a vs model and wished to look like one.
    But as usual, everyone is up in arms over something that wasn't said.
    If watching the show gives you motivation - go for it !! You don't have to " want to look like a model " to enjoy watching the show, in fact I also like looking at the lingerie. So good for you if that gives you the motivation needed .
    As for the people that don't want to watch that stuff because they don't compare themselves to others, good for you too. But there's certainly no need to knock someone because they got motivation from watching a vs fashion show.
    Furthermore, most of those models where born with the "right" genetics for modeling. Long legs and being tall isn't something one can work for. You either got it or you don't. But besides genetics, they do work out and watch their calorie intake. Not everyone is fit to be a vs model and that's okay. But it doesn't hurt anyone if someone gains motivation from watching.
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I just watched it after seeing this thread lol. Really just because I enjoy looking at pretty things, the music is good and its a well run show. I honestly think most of the models look healthier than the high end runway models. I would never compare myself to someone whos 5'9 when in 5'1 anyway. I know I'll never look like that, so if anything, them looking badass and fit makes me wanna go to the gym so I can rock some lingerie as well haha
    Amen lady!
  • White_hibiscus
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Im just over here loling. I don't think the op said she was comparing herself to these models. I think she meant she was watching the show to get motivation so she could one day wear the beautiful lingerie that was worn in the show. I don't think she meant her goal was to be a vs model and wished to look like one.
    But as usual, everyone is up in arms over something that wasn't said.
    If watching the show gives you motivation - go for it !! You don't have to " want to look like a model " to enjoy watching the show, in fact I also like looking at the lingerie. So good for you if that gives you the motivation needed .
    As for the people that don't want to watch that stuff because they don't compare themselves to others, good for you too. But there's certainly no need to knock someone because they got motivation from watching a vs fashion show.
    Furthermore, most of those models where born with the "right" genetics for modeling. Long legs and being tall isn't something one can work for. You either got it or you don't. But besides genetics, they do work out and watch their calorie intake. Not everyone is fit to be a vs model and that's okay. But it doesn't hurt anyone if someone gains motivation from watching.

Thank you for this.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    You think they watch it in San Antonio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsJZzW-a-g :23

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff, oh my!
  • White_hibiscus
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You think they watch it in San Antonio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsJZzW-a-g :23

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

what I do kno is that you are a 49ers fan & Seahawks kicked your *kitten*!! Lol Go Hawks!

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I watched some of it. Seen it in years past. The show is really beautiful. The models too!!.

For the brand itself, I lost interest in VS years ago after paying 49.50 for a bra that was trashed in the washer when washing it the first time. Threads coming undone and snagged, and I washed it with downy in a lingerie bag. Thier clothes are made cheap. Happened to a swimsuit too.

Thier perfume Pink is so worn out. Back in the 90s everyone wore it. The clothes with Pink written on behinds in sweats is a mockery from Juicy Culture and way worn out.

I guess Im over it and would rather have lux instead, like Dior or La perla.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I watched some of it. Seen it in years past. The show is really beautiful. The models too!!.

For the brand itself, I lost interest in VS years ago after paying 49.50 for a bra that was trashed in the washer when washing it the first time. Threads coming undone and snagged, and I washed it with downy in a lingerie bag. Thier clothes are made cheap. Happened to a swimsuit too.

Thier perfume Pink is so worn out. Back in the 90s everyone wore it. The clothes with Pink written on behinds in sweats is a mockery from Juicy Culture and way worn out.

I guess Im over it and would rather have lux instead, like Dior or La perla.