Found my secret weapon to weight loss

Options
With the birth of my son it was time to turn my lifestyle around so not to fall in my family history of Heart Attacks. I was currently overweight and looking back at photos it showed. I weighed 245# at 5'8.

With the purchase of a rower (concept 2) and a heart rate monitor (Mio Fuse) starting May 19th, I set the goal of losing 1.5# a week. While focusing on heart rate, I interval rowed while maintaining the aerobic heart rate zone for 30-45min a day. Now fast forward to 11/8/15 and I am currently at 202# with a loss of 43# in 7months. Add this all with using MFP to regulate calorie intake, I have taken control of my future and look forward to beating genetics and outliving my forefathers all while avoiding Heart Disease.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

That's awesome

And enjoy being a dad
  • Krussell8782
    Krussell8782 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks it has been a lot of fun! Why this wasn't discovered till now I will never know!!
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    great job. congrats.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled for you!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome! and congrats!
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Yes, the C2 rower was a game changer for me as well.. Love using it. Do you keep the C2 log?
  • Krussell8782
    Options
    I do keep the c2 log. On my way to my first million meters by the spring
  • glitterlizzy
    glitterlizzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your weight loss and taking control for a long healthy life!
  • bdfarrall
    bdfarrall Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's very encouraging. Thanks for posting.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Any plans to start rowing in the great outdoors?
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations on becoming a new dad and a new person! Keep up the great work :)
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • yesssiwanttolose
    yesssiwanttolose Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Great post and I agree, MFP and rowing was the 'secret weapon' for me too! There's also nothing like a little one to keep you motivated too, CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Keep it up!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Good job !
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Nothing can beat being healthy for your family. Enjoy fatherhood!

Exercise and calorie tracking.... your secret is out of the bag!
  • Krussell8782
    Options
    not to mention focus on the mifflin st jeor bmr formula to help manage the calories.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Solid losses and great work.

I've never really tried rowing, but might have to check it out. I've found that if a person can't enjoy it, then the life of you can get sucked out forcing yourself to do it. A decent rowing machine might fit well to add to the elliptical for foul weather options in the house.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!