1235»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pichu318 wrote: »
    9aa5d977b1667b215e51a254aca57f08.jpg
    I'll just leave this here to see if anyone disagrees or agrees with it....

Seems like this is suggesting more than half my cravings would be cured if I had nuts. That would also fix the PMS problem. Although that's not indicated on the chart.

Then you'd be the total package. hehehe
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Seems like this is suggesting more than half my cravings would be cured if I had nuts. That would also fix the PMS problem. Although that's not indicated on the chart.

I am pretty awesome. Darn ovaries, holding me back again :laugh:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

I am pretty awesome. Darn ovaries, holding me back again :laugh:

I meant package as in, um, 'package.' naughty.gif
    LMAO.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Package-nuts- Snort! :laugh: :flushed:
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Actually, thinking about those foods should release dopamine. Eating them should release serotonin.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I thought of it when I was craving cabbage once. For some reason I just had to have cabbage. I went and bought a whole head of cabbage, steamed it with some water and a little butter, and ate just about the whole head.

I never knew cabbage was a super food, so then I thought... hmm... maybe it was my body telling me that it needed something that cabbage contained.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    I thought of it when I was craving cabbage once. For some reason I just had to have cabbage. I went and bought a whole head of cabbage, steamed it with some water and a little butter, and ate just about the whole head.

I never knew cabbage was a super food, so then I thought... hmm... maybe it was my body telling me that it needed something that cabbage contained.

Or maybe you just like cabbage.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Over the years, I have experienced a number of weird cravings and have now separated them into three categories:
    A) my inner Cartman screaming for cheesy poofs (or whatever). This seems to be mostly down to boredom and passes if I go for a walk or similar.
    B) odd cravings for random food items (including some foods I hate). These last for days but go away when I have the food in question so I put these down to my body trying to correct some deficiency
    C) cravings for foods that I can only eat for limited times before taking a break. These generally mean time to cut out that food for a month or two.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Actually, thinking about those foods should release dopamine. Eating them should release serotonin.

This afternoon when I got back from the doctor's I was looking for a hit of whatever happy hormone and settled for tossing around a football with my neighbor's kid, cleaning, and going to the gym.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »

This afternoon when I got back from the doctor's I was looking for a hit of whatever happy hormone and settled for tossing around a football with my neighbor's kid, cleaning, and going to the gym.

Physical activity would probably involve norepinephrine and endogenous opoids such as endorphins.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    The only one that makes a little sense is a craving for salt. Mammals need salt (the first known trade between bands of early man was in salt) and I wouldn't be surprised if we still have a remnant of that instinct. Otherwise it is woo.

Saw that with a group of people on a juice only week - went mad for salted tomatoes on day 5 when they became available. Have seen the hypothesis that the reduction of salt in food may have a role in overconsumption too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25572931