Weight stand still.

luvsubrooke
luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
So in February I started a vigorous workout regime and lost 55lbs. I'm 5'9 and was at 150lbs by June. I traveled all around the world this summer and enjoyed the many foods from different cultures and gained 30-40lbs! I had a ton of fun but now I'm ready to get back to the shape that was in. I lost my abs, and I've got some serious booty going on. The way I lost the weight before was by running 6+ miles 5-6 days a week and then lifting 2 days. Im back to running 3-4 miles a day and I've lost 10lbs but now my weight is at a stand still. I'm planking, squating, and doing push-ups after my run. My diet is high protein, minimal breads, extremely low sugar, and high fiber. I drink a *kitten* ton of water, I'm taking a pre workout and creatine for muscle repair, and I eat a mission protein bar after my evening workout. 1200 calories per day so I'm definitely creating a deficit. Wtf am I doing wrong? I'm just hoping I'm gaining muscle. I'm staggering between 180-185.

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    So in February I started a vigorous workout regime and lost 55lbs. I'm 5'9 and was at 150lbs by June. I traveled all around the world this summer and enjoyed the many foods from different cultures and gained 30lbs! I had a ton of fun but now I'm ready to get back to the shape that was in. I lost my abs, and I've got some serious booty going on. The way I lost the weight before was by running 6+ miles 5-6 days a week and then lifting 2 days. Im back to running 3-4 miles a day and I've lost 10lbs but now my weight is at a stand still. I'm planking, squating, and doing push-ups after my run. My diet is high protein, minimal breads, extremely low sugar, and high fiber. I drink a *kitten* ton of water, I'm taking a pre workout and creatine for muscle repair, and I eat a mission protein bar after my evening workout. 1200 calories per day so I'm definitely creating a deficit. Wtf am I doing wrong? I'm just hoping I'm gaining muscle.

I can't see where you're going wrong tbh, but you do realise creatine causes your muscles to retain water. That could easily account for 5 lbs.

You could have put on muscle as well.

Are you sure you need to lose weight?
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Are your clothes getting loose again?? 30 lbs over summer is alot... so if I read it right u started at 150 and now 170???
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    How long has your weight been at a standstill?
  • luvsubrooke
    roblloyd89 wrote: »
    So in February I started a vigorous workout regime and lost 55lbs. I'm 5'9 and was at 150lbs by June. I traveled all around the world this summer and enjoyed the many foods from different cultures and gained 30lbs! I had a ton of fun but now I'm ready to get back to the shape that was in. I lost my abs, and I've got some serious booty going on. The way I lost the weight before was by running 6+ miles 5-6 days a week and then lifting 2 days. Im back to running 3-4 miles a day and I've lost 10lbs but now my weight is at a stand still. I'm planking, squating, and doing push-ups after my run. My diet is high protein, minimal breads, extremely low sugar, and high fiber. I drink a *kitten* ton of water, I'm taking a pre workout and creatine for muscle repair, and I eat a mission protein bar after my evening workout. 1200 calories per day so I'm definitely creating a deficit. Wtf am I doing wrong? I'm just hoping I'm gaining muscle.

I can't see where you're going wrong tbh, but you do realise creatine causes your muscles to retain water. That could easily account for 5 lbs.

It was CRAZY how fast I gained weight. I threw my body out of whack bc I was on a strict workout regime and then completely stopped working out and eating healthy. So in those 3-4 months, I packed on 30lbs like it was nothing. I'm staggering at 180-185 right now, so I actually gained closer to 40lbs! Haha so crazy. I do notice my arms getting toned again, it's just the hips that aren't losing anything so my pants are all fitting the same. I know I can't spot weight loss so maybe it's just going to take time to really lose inches all around.
  • luvsubrooke
    jemhh wrote: »
    How long has your weight been at a standstill?

3 weeks.

• luvsubrooke
    8o6dtsyft3a9.jpeg
    Before
    9ei2welfxtgm.jpeg
    After.
    It just all went to my hips and stomach
  • robs_ready

It was CRAZY how fast I gained weight. I threw my body out of whack bc I was on a strict workout regime and then completely stopped working out and eating healthy. So in those 3-4 months, I packed on 30lbs like it was nothing. I'm staggering at 180-185 right now, so I actually gained closer to 40lbs! Haha so crazy. I do notice my arms getting toned again, it's just the hips that aren't losing anything so my pants are all fitting the same. I know I can't spot weight loss so maybe it's just going to take time to really lose inches all around.

You sound like you know what you're talking about which is good :)

Be completely honest just so I've got a clearer picture, during those 4 months, were you binging?

• luvsubrooke
    edited December 2015

Be completely honest just so I've got a clearer picture, during those 4 months, were you binging?

On alcohol, yes. Lol on food not really but what I was eating wasn't healthy most of the time. I'm hypothyroid too and my thyroid Doctor retired so I no longer take medicine for it. Idk how true it is that your thyroid has a direct affect on weight loss/weight gain. But according to thermogenics if you're creating a deficit technically you have to lose weight, thyroid problem or not.
  • robs_ready

On alcohol, yes.

Ah, empty carbs, sits straight on the stomach. Least you know now!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Not sure why you posted pictures since they don't show anything.

Are you weighing your food?
  • robs_ready
    8o6dtsyft3a9.jpeg
    Before
    9ei2welfxtgm.jpeg
    After.
    It just all went to my hips and stomach

It's hard to see from the pictures but there's no extra weight across noticeable parts of ur body :)
  • luvsubrooke
    jemhh wrote: »
    Not sure why you posted pictures since they don't show anything.

Are you weighing your food?

Clear change in my waist size since I was being asked if I needed to lose weight.

And yes, yes I am.
  • robs_ready

On alcohol, yes. Lol on food not really but what I was eating wasn't healthy most of the time. I'm hypothyroid too and my thyroid Doctor retired so I no longer take medicine for it. Idk how true it is that your thyroid has a direct affect on weight loss/weight gain. But according to thermogenics if you're creating a deficit technically you have to lose weight, thyroid problem or not.

Thyroid issues affect your metabolism so yes, it definitely can impact weight loss/Gain
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Hair Loss FTW
  • luvsubrooke
    Hair Loss FTW

It's called extensions vs no extensions.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2015
    Both of these are worth the read and will answer your question why you have stalled:

http://www.completehumanperformance.com/eat-less-move-more/

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    If you are certain that you are eating at a deficit then I doubt your gaining muscle ( aside from newbie gains , it really doesn't work like that )

Are you weighing all your foods with a food scale and logging them here accurately?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited December 2015

No, she ate too much over the summer and put on fat. She's well aware of that.

She's isn't putting on muscle, especially with running. A progressive weight lifting program and eating at maintenance or a surplus will slowly put on muscle, especially for us women.

@luvsubrooke, you are right on that you need a deficit to lose weight. Put simply, you are eating at maintenance.

Diet type and food type have nil to do with weight loss, it's really about that deficit. I'll bet you are underestimating calories in and/or overestimating calories burned, which can kill a deficit.

I see you weigh your food. Do you weigh every single thing you eat, including condiments? I also suggest eating only half of your running calories back. Make certain you stay in a deficit and you will lose that weight. You don't have to eat just 1200 calories, but you first have to make sure your logging is accurate. You being a taller person and heavier, you can lose on much more than that.

Good luck!
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    I'm hypothyroid too and my thyroid Doctor retired so I no longer take medicine for it.
    Prescribed thyroid medication is important. Find another doctor.