Do you guys have any 300 calorie dinner ideas?

Options
Im trying to find low calorie dinner ideas in order to make room for snacks so when i wake up at 3 in the morning wanting something to eat i won't go over my calories for the day. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanksn

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I make a cheesy noodle dish with shirataki noodles, laughing cow cheese wedges, a few ounces of lean meat or chicken sausage, and broccoli. There's one in my diary for today. You can look. I think it's around 300 calories
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so I usually do some kind of meat substitute (Boca chicken patties, gardein chicken nuggets, morningstar black bean burger, etc) which is 100-150 cals and then a bunch of veggies on the side, usually a big bowl of broccoli (50-100 cals). Sometimes something else on the side too like a greek yogurt or string cheese. Comes out to under 300 and a good amount of protein.

Before I was veggie I did the same thing but instead of a meat substitute I would just do chicken breast. Get the frozen kind, thaw it in the microwave and cook it in a pan. Takes like 10 minutes to make everything and the dinner is low calorie and protein packed.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I got some good ideas from the tuna thread. This evening I did a whole can, some celery, avocado, mayo, black pepper on a tortilla for around those calories

A portion of My batch cooked beans and a potato comes out to about that much, too

I do a half a burger on a tortilla with a lot of lettuce for around or slightly over that as well

Oh and while I've never used it, have you tried skinnytaste.com? I hear good things
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I got some good ideas from the tuna thread. This evening I did a whole can, some celery, avocado, mayo, black pepper on a tortilla for around those calories

A portion of My batch cooked beans and a potato comes out to about that much, too

I do a half a burger on a tortilla with a lot of lettuce for around or slightly over that as well

Oh and while I've never used it, have you tried skinnytaste.com? I hear good things
    Never heard of it, but ill check it out. Thanks.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just use a whole lot of vegetables, with just a beat of meat and potatoes/rice/whatever.
    Have you seen a spiraliser? You can make sort of noodles/spaghetti from stuff like zucchini, very handy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I will second skinnytaste. Many of the recipes there are under 300 calories and almost all of them are under 400
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of chilli. I'm vegetarian so I tend to make bean chillis although sometimes I use the fake meat products as well. With 1 can of tinned tomatoes, whatever veggies & spices you like, some veggie stock and whatever protein, you get a really nice satisfying meal. I normally have it with mashed potato but that will take it to the 400-500 calorie range.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash soup. You can even throw in a slice of French bread w/ butter!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Whole bag of mixed steamed veggies (like 500g bags) with two sunny side up eggs on top
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili, pork tenderloin, lots of stirfry.
  • shadows2424
    Options
    An egg sandwich on an english muffin with a couple slices of bacon or lean sausage and a laughing cow cheese wedge is filling and tasty and comes in under 300.
    Doesn't sound like it would be, but im glad because that sounds delicious.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You need to look for the right products on the shelf. English Muffins can range a lot but Healthy Life (I think that's the name) has them at 80cals vs 120 or more.
  • Skinnybetcher
    Skinnybetcher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chicken with some beans and cheese should be filling. Use about 3 oz chicken (about 90 cals) maybe half a cup of beans (about another 90) and then add some cheese and you're golden.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How about a 600 cal dinner so you don't wake up hungry.
  • shadows2424
    Options
    sinbadfxdl wrote: »
    How about a 600 cal dinner so you don't wake up hungry.

I don't want to chance eating all my calories then waking up and still wanting to eat. I don't eat when i wake because im hungry.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I would stuff 2 cups of steamed veggies with balsamic vinegar for taste. 30 cals.
    Chicken breast. 160 cal.
    Uncle bens instant rice in a cup 100 cal.
    That leaves me with 300 left before bedtime which I rarely do.
    I want to point out that having a decent dinner is the key for a good night's sleep. Snacking lighter and eating satisying meals works better for me.
  • shadows2424
    Options
    sinbadfxdl wrote: »
    Sometimes I would stuff 2 cups of steamed veggies with balsamic vinegar for taste. 30 cals.
    Chicken breast. 160 cal.
    Uncle bens instant rice in a cup 100 cal.
    That leaves me with 300 left before bedtime which I rarely do.
    I want to point out that having a decent dinner is the key for a good night's sleep. Snacking lighter and eating satisying meals works better for me.

I didn't realize eating had anything to do with sleep except that its hard to fall asleep when hungry. Thanks.
  • steviegravel11
    steviegravel11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a beef broth, kale, celery, and sometimes greenbeans...... Not sure on the exact calories but it's well under three hundred and it's filling for me.....
  • annisapramesti
    annisapramesti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast. Without skin i think it's under 300 calories.
  • JessicaSchroeder1
    Options
    4 oz tilapia with 2 cups birds eye stir fry veggies is 300 calories. Or you could have 2 eggs for 140 calories, have 80 calories worth of cut up veggies (mushroom, green pepper, spinach...) and a slice of cheddar/pepper jack for 300 calories. Veggie egg scrambles go a long ways. Or go for soup serving (120 calories), 1 slice bread toasted (70) with 1 slice cheese (70) for 290 calories. Just do half sandwich.