Do you guys have any 300 calorie dinner ideas?

Options

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, are you getting up at 3am to have a snack or does your day.start at 3am?
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Have chicken broth with vegetables and some protein i use low sodium cb add some bay leaf and black pepper add frozen veg i cup or frozen spinach some fresh tomato and either diced chicken or canned beans like garbanzo quick tasty filling and low cal if usingspinach add a little nutmeg eat w bread or rice to make a balanced meal
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    4oz skinless boneless chicken breast seasoned with salt & pepper and cut in cubes, cook on stovetop with 1t extra virgin olive oil (in non-stick skillet). Once almost done add 1T store bought Panda Express Kung Pao sauce. Serve with steamed broccoli with 2t Chef Shamy garlic butter (that stuff is so good). Or just butter. Right at 300 calories.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    I'm confused, are you getting up at 3am to have a snack or does your day.start at 3am?

Getting up for a snack.
  • Taftchef
    Taftchef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The only family dinner ideas that made our dinner time extraordinary were from http://www.Mealplans4thefamily.com/. See for yourself. It won't waste your effort and time.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think you need to work on the getting up at 3 for a snack! That's not really a great way to continue. What other things have you tried to just go back to sleep in the middle of the night?
  • brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    around 300 g of turkey breast with natural seasonings and green salad without any oil or sauces
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think you need to work on the getting up at 3 for a snack! That's not really a great way to continue. What other things have you tried to just go back to sleep in the middle of the night?

^^ this
    If you ate a good dinner of around 600 cals you'd maybe find you wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night for snacks.... ?
  • ezzirah011
    ezzirah011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *grabs pen and starts taking notes*
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have some recipes on my blog here on MFP www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GsKiki They are all around 300 kcal each, very yummy and delicious! Feel free to add me as well. I try to add more recipes every week!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Some lean meat, veggies, and some rice or potato.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Stuffed bell pepper (ground turkey, brown basmati rice, tomato sauce, green chilis) with a side of asparagus or English cucumber.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    http://hostthetoast.com/easy-greek-tzatziki-chicken-salad/

I did this recipe (instead of 4 cups shredded chicken, I did two 10oz cans of chicken breast) and it comes out to about 140 cals/serving. One serving of the chicken salad plus a 6" pita (about 180 cals) is 320. And it's really tasty!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    While timing of meals for weight loss doesn't matter, interrupted sleep can. Better to eat more to keep you fuller or maybe snack up closer to before you go to bed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kandell wrote: »

I did this recipe (instead of 4 cups shredded chicken, I did two 10oz cans of chicken breast) and it comes out to about 140 cals/serving. One serving of the chicken salad plus a 6" pita (about 180 cals) is 320. And it's really tasty!

I am drooling.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yum, I'm going to make this! I always make my chicken salad with Greek yogurt instead of mayo. I add some bleu cheese, chopped celery/onion, dill and Franks. Voila! Buffalo chicken salad.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Oh my my. This looks wonderful! Ingredients added to my list. Thanks for sharing!
  • beautifuldoll35
    beautifuldoll35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

2huhwp9l6dke.jpeg
    This was exactly 318 calories....2 4oz tilapia filets,(seasoned with paprika,cayenne,and garlic powder)covered and broiled for 10 minutes on 350 in oven...1 cup spring mix,1 cup spinach...1/4 cup velvetta shreds,1 slice red onion,1/4 cup black olives n 4 tbsp lite Italian vinaigrette...
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    pre mix a big smoothie before you go to bed, let that be your midnight snack