Killing myself for Nothing

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month is on the high side of healthy and shows you really want this. Eat a bit more, lose at 2 pounds a week so you aren't killing yourself, keep it off, and remember that even though she makes great DVDs, Jillian Michaels is certifiably insane. :flowerforyou:
  • charseekingchar
    Options
    10 pound weightloss is HUGE. patience. trust the process!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    measure yourself. you are probably gaining muscle.

On that large a deficit doing cardio, the OP is not gaining muscle. If anything she is losing muscle.

Agreed.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Jillian expects five pounds a week.

Jillian, to put it bluntly, is full of fecal matter.

Ten pounds in a month is absofrickinlutely incredible progress, and you should be proud. You should also not expect it to continue at that rate, because you don't have enough excess body fat to support that kind of weight loss.

Ideally, with 44 pounds left to go, you should be aiming for one pound a week. The only thing you should feel depressed about is that your expectations were unrealistic.
    Yep, plus trying to lose too fast is setting yourself up for long-term failure, messing up your metabolism, nutritional problems, injuries, yo-yo weight bounces that leave you less healthy and weighing more than when you started.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    10 lb a month is huge! Unfortunately, your goals are unrealistic and if you want your fat loss to last, you really should be aiming for 0.5-1 lb/week loss. You are setting yourself up for failure otherwise.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options

Ten pounds in a month is absofrickinlutely incredible progress, and you should be proud. You should also not expect it to continue at that rate, because you don't have enough excess body fat to support that kind of weight loss.

Ideally, with 44 pounds left to go, you should be aiming for one pound a week. The only thing you should feel depressed about is that your expectations were unrealistic.

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

Ten pounds in a month is phenomenal! Do not get discouraged over that. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You have to make this a lifestyle change, not just a diet.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    10 lbs over a month and you cmplain, I think you have done well. I have been doing this for over a year but because I have an extremely slow metabolic rate my weight does not want to move and even my doctor says it will be hard for me. I have lost 6 lbs in a year but that's OK. I am not in a hurry I just will be happy if it moves.
  • SteveStedge
    Options

Nice video. Very informative.
  • misspersistent
    Options
    I would DIE to lose 10 pounds :) (and have the discipline that you obviously have as well).
    Good luck and don't give up! I'm sure you will be successful if you continue :D
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels's advices = ????
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I"m happy to lose 3 pounds a month. If I lose 5 I am over the moon.

Be happy with what you got and don't listen to what people on TV tell you.
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Better than gaining 10 lbs... :wink:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You're joking right?

I'm not even going to say any more other than congrats on your 10lbs lost. I hope you can maintain that!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I like JM btw for her 30DS workout regime but "she" expects you to lose ___ lbs cause it's all about making money. Seriously, you need to relax.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Damn I wish I could lose ten pounds in a month. That should hardly be considered 'nothing'.

I'm with you. I'd be grateful to lose 10 lbs a month.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Also, with all of your workouts, is 1200 a day really good for you? I mean, you have quite a bit of weight that you'd like to lose. I don't know your age/weight/height, but 1200 really isn't much. It should be the bare minimum. I'm losing on almost 2000 a day.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I thought you are suppose to lose no more than 8 lbs a month to make it long term sustainable. 10 lbs is good. So what's your hurry? Finish this so you can go back to the old way of eating? Be patient, stay with it.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I looked at Jillian's Body Revolution site, and I didn't see anywhere where she said she "expected" 5 pounds a week. Most of the female "success stories" on the site averaged about 10 pounds a month. 25-35 pounds in 90 days. Men and very obese people tend to lose faster, at least at first. I think you are doing great.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in a month is crazy good results. You can expect your loss to naturally slow down a little over time, though, as your body adjusts. What's the rush? If you do it in a healthy, steady, sustainable way the results will last. Anything crazy and extreme usually ends up in failure because it can't be maintained in the long term. Good luck and congratz on the incredible first month!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

Ten pounds in a month is phenomenal! Do not get discouraged over that. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You have to make this a lifestyle change, not just a diet.

YES.... That! ^^
    "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -- Bruce Lee --

I've lost my 50 in 6 months and that's super... I workout 12 -14 hrs a week.. You're doing great! Jillian just wants you to buy more of her potions. Stay the course 1 - 2 lbs a week is just fine. Any more is not sustainable and even unhealthy. The closer you get to your goal weight the slower it will drop. It's not all about weight either, build muscle, loose fat. At some point the two #'s may completely offset each other. A Body Fat % # is your ultimate goal, it's just harder to gauge than weight.