Stupid messages

Options
Now I don't usually attract these, not sure if because I am not in USA, am older, don't have an avatar pic......

But anyway today got a messages saying I've tried so many diets that I can't even remember them all. I kept trying to eat all these new foods and specialty drinks, but I just wasn't losing the weight I wanted. At one point I was gaining even more weight. One of my friends said he was on this special diet that helps you eliminate toxic foods from his diet, naturally I said, "yea I've heard that before.." So he decided to get me a copy of the course. After about a week of trying these new food types I checked the scale and was astonished! I had lost 9lbs. The best part was that I didn't even feel like I was on a diet. So now I'm passing the information along to you. It's simple and easy to follow and it works. The science behind it makes me feel safe and supported by facts not just hype and sales jargon. I highly recommend this diet over all the others claiming to be the best on the market right now.

And providing a link to a 'fat furnace diet.'

Am not providing link as do not want to give it any more air time.

It included such nonsense as how bee pollen speeds up the fat burning process and offering to sell me a bee pollen supplement.

Obviously sender did not bother checking my profile to notice I have been in maitenance for 2 years and do not wish to lose 9lb in a week, nor do I think weight loss is dependant on eliminating toxic foods.

Does anyone else get these stupid messages and does MFP follow up about them? Is it against the rules?
Do I report it to someone and user get banned?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Oh, that. Yes, it's against the rules. Report them. I did.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I got this too, I just deleted it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I got that message too. Blocked him.
  • gothchiq
    Options
    To get them banned, they need to be reported. I reported first, then blocked.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    How do I report it?
  • gothchiq
    Options
    get the username, copy the message, go to the FAQ/Help, click Contact Us, and paste the information (username and teh message they sent you if you still have it) into the email. Put a topic like "spammer" or something, click send. :) If you no longer have the message, just specify that they messaged you trying to sell a diet plan.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Bother, I wish I'd known that first. I got it too and just blocked them, but not before replying and telling them off for peddling SCAMWOO.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I got one of these today as well, and tried to find a report button. I just blocked and deleted when I didn't find one, but I'm glad to know that there's a way to report these if I get them again!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    i got it and just ignored it.

Part of being on the internet.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    i got it and just ignored it.

Part of being on the internet.

Yep. Spammers gonna spam.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    blocked
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I got that one yesterday, too, blocked the sender, and copied & pasted the entire message (including sender's name) and sent to MFP in a "contact us" e-mail. Most groups will remove spammers.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I got one to. I'm tempted to reply back with a link to the 10 hour trolololol song.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I deleted w/o reading. Really . . . it wasn't exactly hard to spot that one as spam just from the user name.
  • alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yea I got it too...
    BUMP so everyone knows its spam!!!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I got it too! It's bs. Lol
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Got it too but just deleted it.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I got one too. I blocked them. I did look for a report button but didn't find one :/ maybe instead of having to copy/paste etc there should just be a button.
This discussion has been closed.