Stupid messages

Options
2»

Replies

• kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    I got the same one too. I don't know how to block from my phone so I just deleted it. From the looks of this post seems like the person was working hard getting those messages out. No way was I clicking on that link lol.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I got it too and just deleted it. Will report next time!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    The jerk was busy yesterday, I got one also. Didn't click on the link, just deleted.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Already deleted. Annoying.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I got this too even though I'm in maintenance as well and it clearly states so on my profile. I just blocked it. Where do we go to report?
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I got it too I blocked the acc instead
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    YeS
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I got that message too :/
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Same, it's bots.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I got the same message...lol..just hit "BLOCK"
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sadly it is spam bots and none of the accounts are linked. The staff knows about the issue and is deleting each one separately as the names come up. There is a team working on figuring out how to mass deleted and ban these spam bots.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    What a busy, busy bot.
  • izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I got it too... ha It's funny how easy to tell that was spam... everyone on this site knows how to lose weight, counting calories not some silly super secret food.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It's multiple ones. Mine had a different name than the one in the screenshot.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What a busy, busy bot.

Bots are created from code, so a couple hours of collecting data could yield thousands of bots created in seconds. Since they are spamming by PM instead of on the forums the volunteer mods can't do anything about the accounts. We are collecting names and the staff is dealing with them while the analytic team works on a solution. If you guys want to add names to the list we are collecting them here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10297187/how-to-forward-spam-email#latest

I'm going to lock this thread and encourage everyone to post names in the other thread.

Thank you,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.