Not losing as much as I would like

Options
This thing tells me I can eat over 2000 calories for my weight and height and still get to my goal. I don't eat a lot I usually have small portions and I go on long walks and sometimes on the treadmill. I would think that I would be able to lose a lot of weight but it's not working as much as I would like.

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • itsflaccoi
    itsflaccoi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Theres two ways you can go about this either Drop your calories lower or / And add more exercise Also make sure your eating Correctly And Clean not fitting pizza and Fried chicken into 2000 calories
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I used to think I didn't eat a lot, weighing and logging my food/drinks made me realize I was eating way more than I realized.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    itsflaccoi wrote: »
    Theres two ways you can go about this either Drop your calories lower or / And add more exercise Also make sure your eating Correctly And Clean not fitting pizza and Fried chicken into 2000 calories

Plenty of people on MFP have lost weight without "clean" eating fitting pizza and fried chicken into their calorie goals.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Also make sure your eating Correctly And Clean not fitting pizza and Fried chicken into 2000 calories

I didn't know there was a correct way to eat. Please elaborate.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Green605 wrote: »
    This thing tells me I can eat over 2000 calories for my weight and height and still get to my goal. I don't eat a lot I usually have small portions and I go on long walks and sometimes on the treadmill. I would think that I would be able to lose a lot of weight but it's not working as much as I would like.

What do you mean it's not working as much as you'd like? Are you losing weight? How much per week? How many weeks have you been losing? How much do you think you should lose per week?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @Green605 You need to provide more details. It would be helpful if you made your diary public, go into settings if you want to change it.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I used to think I didn't eat a lot, weighing and logging my food/drinks made me realize I was eating way more than I realized.
    I agree with this, those little few extras that one doesn't pay attention to can add up.
    Also, take some time and browse some of the threads here, you will see that weight loss generally takes a while, and it is not alway linear, you won't lose the same all the time and may lose a while, stay at the same weight a while, and lose again later. As long as you are eating at a deficit you will lose.
    And welcome!

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Define "not losing as much as I would like".
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

This is my question as well. I'm not losing as fast as I would like either, but I also know that if I were to make my goal more aggressive, I would be losing more muscle than I would like and hungry all the time. Slower losses = better outcome. What exactly are you expecting/hoping to lose each week?

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

This is my question as well. I'm not losing as fast as I would like either, but I also know that if I were to make my goal more aggressive, I would be losing more muscle than I would like and hungry all the time. Slower losses = better outcome. What exactly are you expecting/hoping to lose each week?

I agree, slower is better. Take the long view, make small changes, and continue.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    My Mum - currently overweight but working toward her goal. She is around 2 months in and has lost around 20 lbs so far. She is now averaging at around 1-2lb loss a week. Great, right?

Well, the other day she phoned me in tears because she had *only lost a pound this week* despite *working so hard the previous week and eating hardly anything*. Her argument is, she has lots to lose and therefore should be losing a good 3-4 lbs per week. The amount of times I have explained the process to her and she still questions it. She thinks that cutting her calories and not eating to her allowance will speed up the process. Time and time again I am having to remind her that this is no life and it really is true when people say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.

In an ideal world, we'd click our fingers and be at goal weight. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to put the work, effort and frustrations into losing weight. But this is the real world. It didn't take a few days to gain all the excess. It is not going to take a few days to lose it either. You want this bad enough? You're going to have to put in a reasonable amount of effort (NOT restrict) and have patience whilst learning exactly what caused the gain and exactly what causes the losses.

You'll get there but you need to sit tight and go with it.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

That's funny because I have lost 50 pounds eating pizza and fried chicken. And ice cream, and cookies and donuts. Eating "clean" is a very subjective term with little meaning.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

I lost all my weight eating pizza. Why would pizza stop someone from losing weight as long as they where under their calorie goal? I think you need to go back and read the stickies again because this is not good info.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options

Ummm, I just ate pizza last night and I'm losing just fine. Stop giving out bad advice. It sets people up for failure. You can have whatever you like within reason.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    d8wv949ujihx.jpg

This is on my mirror
    fat.jpg 27.9K