Joined Weight Watchers now regretting it

Options
124»

Replies

• trisha1298
    trisha1298 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Twincle45 wrote: »
    I joined WW a couple of years ago, dead simple: Daily points + Weekly points, eat what you like (encouraged to make healthier choices) = 3stone weight loss. I've put all of it back on (but thats not WW fault :smile: ) Is it a lot more complicated now?

I also did WW in high school and gained back what I lost. But I would argue that it was due to the WW strategy that I gained the weight back because I did not learn the long term skills I needed to maintain my loss- which in my opinion, is calorie counting and exercise (wasn't emphasized back then). When I'm out at a restaurant or buying things at the grocery store, the only info I have to go on in the nutrition facts, which is listed in calories. If I had learned how to budget my foods throughout the day based on calories, I think I'd have been much better off in the long run. I've taught myself how to do that now through MFP and I find it much easier to get back on track after I've gained some weight back.

vivmom2014- you said it perfectly:
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I read something about WW being a brilliant business model, because people give WW credit when they lose weight, and blame themselves when they gain it back.