Did anyone loss weight with eating anything they want???

Options
124»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I only eat what I want.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    No, nobody will be able to answer yes to that

Because you need to adjust how much you eat

It doesn't have to be what - and yes like everybody else if I wanted something that other people cut out I'd just eat it - but within calories eg I might have to give something up or exercise harder in order to eat pizza that night .. I never have to give anything up to fit in ice cream

at the start you can feel hungry and you learn cost - benefit - is wanting that pack of chips worth how hungry I might feel later or would I be better with a sandwich etc

not true. i can honestly say yes. now, i eat a lot LESS than i used to - and work out a lot more lol.... but i still eat what i want, including eating out all the time and 'junk' foods and the ever present chocolate :P
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I did, too. I didn't even exercise any more than I had before to make it fit. It's a balancing act.

Know you're having a special event and want to splurge that day? Eat a little less for several days leading up to it (or after if you know you'll stick to it). That's one way to fit in the meals where you'd otherwise have to eat nothing all day to get them to fit. Have fun with all of the comments of: "you can't eat that slice of pie - you're on a diet!" while you enjoy every bite :p

Lesser splurges just mean a trade-off in a different meal of the day. Want a cookie, maybe swap out the tablespoon of butter on your sweet potato for Tabasco sauce or a sweet spice like cinnamon. Or swap fried chicken for grilled, creamed spinach for raw, etc. Or take less of that splurge and stretch it out over a couple of days. You just need to make the choices that suit you best.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yes but not *whenever* I wanted.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    How did you do it?? Did you exercise??

Yes, losing nicely eating whatever I want, just not always as much of it as I want. Loss is because of eating less calories than your body uses.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I've lost 65 lb so far eating the foods I want. Not always at the frequencies or portions I used to, but I always eat food I like.
  • Pollywog_la
    Pollywog_la Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For me, ONLY staying within calories as a method never worked for me. I always felt hungry/deprived.
    If it doesn't work for you, you may want to play around with your macros to find the version that helps you be satisfied.
    Some reduce fat, but I reduced carbs.
    I still watch my calories, but I eat more calories and still lose than if I still ate high carbs (1910 cal a day, 5'8" currently 224)
    I didn't gain weight back when I stayed low carb high/fat but without tracking calories...but I stopped losing weight.
    It is super easy to eat a lot of calories without even noticing from cheese, butter, cream etc...
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with the concepts around the 'velocity' of money in the larger economy? Well, there is a velocity issue regarding calories in the 'economy' that is the body...
    Yes, I lose weight eating everything I want on a weekly or monthly horizon. But I now know that on a daily or weekly basis I have to balance the number of calories I take in against the number of calories I can reasonably expect to expend. I have decreased the pace at which I consume to better match those expenditures. I still eat everything I want and like, but more slowly spread out over more time.