Bad side effects after quitting Dairy!?

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I try to eat enough protein and filling/satisfying food. What that means is diff for everyone and I like a protein shake, toast with PB, oatmeal, eggs, raw veggies, and green salad throughout the day, as examples. I minimize sugars, bread, pasta because they tend to cause cravings.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Why would quitting dairy improve your weight loss?
    Dairy is used to turn a calf into like half a ton in a year.

So dairy is a magical ingredient? I mean since it couldn't possibly be the amount the calf is consuming or anything. :indifferent:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Somebody read "Skinny B!tch."

That'd explain her food diary.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Somebody read "Skinny B!tch."

That'd explain her food diary.

Yeah, not too many days over 1000 calories for that gal.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Because that calf wouldn't otherwise grow into a full-sized cow, right? What would happen to it if it didn't ingest dairy? Would it turn out to be a petite, slender, fashion model cow instead?

Besides, it's good to look at the positive side of things - that half-ton animal makes for a lot of tasty, delicious MEAT for us to eat.
  • Pretty2Petite
    Pretty2Petite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I apologise, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to come across so harsh. Its just that I've watched earthlings conspiracy forks over knives and a bunch of others... all I know is we all here trying to do our best ...my family are all meat eaters... And yes I have no right to be disrespectful to anyone. But to learn to love and accept everyone and realise we are all different. So I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I just strongly believe that specieism is wrong and sometimes I feel bitter and I shouldn't have taken it out here. Lol about the calorie thing ... I don't record a lot of my food but yeah I don't exceed 1200calories. Don't know if I should? :#
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I apologise, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to come across so harsh. Its just that I've watched earthlings conspiracy forks over knives and a bunch of others... all I know is we all here trying to do our best ...my family are all meat eaters... And yes I have no right to be disrespectful to anyone. But to learn to love and accept everyone and realise we are all different. So I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I just strongly believe that specieism is wrong and sometimes I feel bitter and I shouldn't have taken it out here. Lol about the calorie thing ... I don't record a lot of my food but yeah I don't exceed 1200calories. Don't know if I should? :#

If you want to learn, dont watch documentaries as they are now for entertainment than anything else.

Second, most people need more than 1200 calories unless they are in their 50s + and very sedentary. But to answer that question we would need you height weight age and workout plan. It is also helpful to know if you have medical conditions and how active you are outside of exercise (desk job, waitress, etc...)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

If you want to learn, dont watch documentaries as they are now for entertainment than anything else.

Second, most people need more than 1200 calories unless they are in their 50s + and very sedentary. But to answer that question we would need you height weight age and workout plan. It is also helpful to know if you have medical conditions and how active you are outside of exercise (desk job, waitress, etc...)

50+ and very sedentary? Unless very sedentary is coma patient style sedentary, even 50+ generally need more that 1200 for proper energy intake and nutritional requirements. Height plays a much bigger role than age. You could make the generalization for women under 5', over 50 and sedentary but not really for all people 50+ across the board.