What do you listen to when working out?

Options

Replies

• FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tend to listen to more aggressive stuff. Mostly underground hip hop Like immortal technique, LowKey, and rage against the machine etc for a little rock/hiphop. Something kinda helpful when pushing heavy weight having the more aggressive music.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist of superhero movie soundtracks for lifting. Cheesy - probably. Effective - definitely!

Who won't attempt an extra rep with John Williams' Superman theme playing?
  • TheDaintyArrow
    TheDaintyArrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    tcatcarson wrote: »
    I have a playlist of superhero movie soundtracks for lifting. Cheesy - probably. Effective - definitely!

Who won't attempt an extra rep with John Williams' Superman theme playing?

Love this idea! Def. gotta tell my husband about it!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Parkway drive.
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This morning it was Highly Suspect. Last week it was The Misfits take 1950.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I created a workout playlist on my cell phone with a lot of upbeat tunes and lyrics.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I create different playlists on my phone
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    A lot of great ideas here. Brilliant thread, OP.
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Pandora...I have an LL Cool J station which plays older & newer hip-hop. Good tempo usually. Momma said knock you out is a great song to lift to.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Is Pandora better than Iheartradio? My issues is that the fast-paced songs eventually transition to R&B or ballads. Great for makin' babies, not so much for makin' gainz.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Is Pandora better than Iheartradio? My issues is that the fast-paced songs eventually transition to R&B or ballads. Great for makin' babies, not so much for makin' gainz.

Ha!

I found a mix tape that I made in college and have been listening to that some. The order of songs goes something like Weezer...Gin Blossoms...Barry White.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Pandora - either Stromae, Cardio Dance, Pink, or Dubstep stations when I'm lifting.
  • gatzke123
    gatzke123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I listen to music on YouTube. I follow a channel that has fitness music mixes

What channel is this ?
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I like lady sovereign and MIA
    i like mudvayne and soil and breaking benjamin.
    i like skrillex and celldweller.

I like you. :>
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I listen to ol skool hip hop on Pandora. That always gets me in a good mood.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I used to listen to music when I worked out, and have a great Google Play playlist just for that purpose (mostly metal and punk, with some old rap). And the Zombie's Run app is great for running.

But then I found that I'd rather listen to podcasts instead. Usually Joe Rogan or Barbell Shrugged or FoundMyFitness.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cardio: EDM (tiesto, capitol kings, Flight Facilities, deadmau5, Benny Benassi), KB, Flame, MIA
    weight lifting: Metallica, System, disturbed, Static X, T-Pain, Rage against the machine
    (i use Spotify and make my own playlists)
  • DayOneVB
    DayOneVB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I go back and fourth between Spotify and Pandora on Pandora I'm normally listening to pop evil station
  • dlnunez99
    dlnunez99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I convert youtube videos to mp3.