Old ME..Not a good me.

Options
Nina_Ekoko
Nina_Ekoko Posts: 36 Member
edited December 2015 in Success Stories
b2zg4jma9uzf.jpg

I know when we think of success stories, we think of " I was fat now im skinny". Which, why lie, is the goal for most of us. I learned that a success story is not only about the physical.. but that it's about the emotional and mental well being as well.

Here is my transformation.
The photo on the left shows me at about 175. I am 5'7". I got as heavy as 180, but never took photos. This photo shows me at my worst. I was depressed, alone, unhappy, mean, bitter, and always hiding behind something or someone.

I learned to love myself little by little... and with that love, came a healthier, happier life. As a bonus the lbs just started coming off. The photo on the right is me a year and a half later. My results came from a paleo lifestyle, heavy lifting, and meditation, for my soul.

Now I am happy- and healthy. I have 5-10 lbs left to lose, and a lot of toning. But i like myself, i am comfortable in my skin, which is what matters.
I have days where i go back, but i am thankful for my support system, and of course, you guys for keeping me accountable.

-Marina

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome and inspiring journey!
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    vrojapu wrote: »
    Congratulations on your awesome and inspiring journey!

Thanks so much. :)
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congratulations on your progress, especially the mental side. It's a big piece of the puzzle that not everyone has figured out.
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    trossk2 wrote: »
    You look fantastic. Congratulations on your progress, especially the mental side. It's a big piece of the puzzle that not everyone has figured out.

Thank you! that was perhaps the hardest part. :) I appreciate the support.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The mental side is definitely the toughest and I'm so glad you were able to learn to love yourself no matter what the size. It's truly amazing that once the mental shift happens, the weight is able to follow in a sustainable way
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing...I am interested in the meditation side, is there a proper way, place to learn etc?
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Very much so- sometimes we get so frustrated and infatuated with the number on the scale, we psych ourselves out so much that we are not able to lose any weight because we are just so flustered mentally. Thanks guys!
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    Congrats! Amazing...I am interested in the meditation side, is there a proper way, place to learn etc?
    I read books on it- and YouTube videos believe it or not. I don't think there is a proper way. Every body is different. It took me a month to get it down because I was not able to turn my brain off. In my town , the Buddhist temples are open to the public for meditation: I tried it there a few times but I'm more of a "loner meditator". :)

• Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow! You look great!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You do look fantastic, and so much happier.
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Marina you've achieved so much and look amazing! Thanks for sharing such a personal story with us.

Good luck on achieving your ultimate goal, but you can rest assured the camera loves you as you are and your happiness shines through!!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Great job Marina!!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Amazing, your gorgeous. What is your weight now, you said you started around 180lbs
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Good job! Looking great
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm going to FR you :]
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Thanks so much for your support and kind comments- I definitely am much happier now. :smiley:
    Amazing, your gorgeous. What is your weight now, you said you started around 180lbs
    I am currently 145. When I lost all my weight I went down to 138. I fluctuate between 140-145 now. My current goal is to get to 135 and stay there. And this community is helping me keep accountable and consistent- so thank you all. :wink:

• Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Bud_ wrote: »
    Marina you've achieved so much and look amazing! Thanks for sharing such a personal story with us.

Good luck on achieving your ultimate goal, but you can rest assured the camera loves you as you are and your happiness shines through!!

Of course- I think sharing my story and remembering the tough times makes me even more motivated to keep going- it's like "hey, I did what I never thought I could- I CAN do this some
    More :)" thank you so much- you're kind.

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Achievement!!
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Well done its hard work but worth it xxx
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Vixyb_ wrote: »
    You look fabulous. Well done its hard work but worth it xxx

Thanks doll :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!