• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    I just feel like someone should point out that the rudeness or inappropriateness of one person's behavior is in no way dependent on whether or not another person could have asked them to stop. Dick moves are dick moves; it's okay to be annoyed by them and it's unreasonable to pass the responsibility for that behavior off on the person who just wants to bench without having to educate every noob in the gym about something that should be pretty obvious.

i curl wherever i want to curl. one person's dick move is another person's conveniently placed 155 pound curling barbell. if no one is using it at the time, i don't see where it benefits anyone to leave the space empty just in case some mute magically falls from the sky and needs to bench right that very second. if you think places to bench are limited, places to curl barbells efficiently and safely are even more limited. Most gyms don't actually have a lot of places to swing 8 foot barbells around that's not either in a walkway or in a station designed for something else. Even in a gym with an open floor area you'll have two problems. The people stretching or doing plyo will be annoyed by you dragging your barbell and plates over there and two, the people wishing to use the incline bench will be pissed that you stole their bar.

also, unless my gym is named Powerlifters Paradise, having four squat racks and only one flat bench is an incredibly poorly equipped gym if normal people with normal lifting patterns are going there. Mondays after work have to be a nightmare.

Lmao. You actually just described my gym - three power racks, a squat rack, and a combination bench/squat rack. Except it works beautifully most of the time, because the squat rack is for curling and ohp/push press and everyone can actually ask to work in or how many sets are left. That and we all know how to drag a bench over to a power rack to bench in there.

Sounds perfect. I bet I'd love working out there

I dunno. Can you handle no mirrors?

It's cool. I can always use my selfie stick to blow kisses at my biceps

No no no. It's a benching gym. All about the triceps!

I take it all back. This gym sounds awful.

*takes off curling gloves and heads towards exit*

Wait wait wait. I may actually be willing to pay to see someone wearing gloves. Do they match the rest of your outfit?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I just feel like someone should point out that the rudeness or inappropriateness of one person's behavior is in no way dependent on whether or not another person could have asked them to stop. Dick moves are dick moves; it's okay to be annoyed by them and it's unreasonable to pass the responsibility for that behavior off on the person who just wants to bench without having to educate every noob in the gym about something that should be pretty obvious.

i curl wherever i want to curl. one person's dick move is another person's conveniently placed 155 pound curling barbell. if no one is using it at the time, i don't see where it benefits anyone to leave the space empty just in case some mute magically falls from the sky and needs to bench right that very second. if you think places to bench are limited, places to curl barbells efficiently and safely are even more limited. Most gyms don't actually have a lot of places to swing 8 foot barbells around that's not either in a walkway or in a station designed for something else. Even in a gym with an open floor area you'll have two problems. The people stretching or doing plyo will be annoyed by you dragging your barbell and plates over there and two, the people wishing to use the incline bench will be pissed that you stole their bar.

also, unless my gym is named Powerlifters Paradise, having four squat racks and only one flat bench is an incredibly poorly equipped gym if normal people with normal lifting patterns are going there. Mondays after work have to be a nightmare.

Lmao. You actually just described my gym - three power racks, a squat rack, and a combination bench/squat rack. Except it works beautifully most of the time, because the squat rack is for curling and ohp/push press and everyone can actually ask to work in or how many sets are left. That and we all know how to drag a bench over to a power rack to bench in there.

Wait wait wait. I may actually be willing to pay to see someone wearing gloves. Do they match the rest of your outfit?

Just my purse man bag
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

But...but they have a squat rack you can curl in!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

But...but they have a squat rack you can curl in!

Sure sure, and it all sounded so appealing at first but then IMC said I had to concentrate on my triceps instead of biceps. But everyone knows that it's "curls to get the girls" so that probably means what, "close grip presses to get the rest(es)?" It's cool if that's what a person's into but it's not for me so I'm taking my fushcia gloves and fabulous matching murse and going back to LA Fitness.