20 Pounds by Easter 2016!

Options

Replies

• kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i would love to join in this group too I NEEd to loose weight by Easter!
    I don't know what sw,cw,gw mean can somebody explain my 20 lb goal would be 205 by Easter! Wouldn't that be nice!
  • SJBanks89
    SJBanks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    kikina wrote: »
    I don't know what sw,cw,gw mean can somebody explain my 20 lb goal would be 205 by Easter! Wouldn't that be nice!

SW=Starting weight
    CW=Current weight
    GW=Goal weight

So your Easter weight would be 20 pounds lighter than you are now. However there isn't much time left till Easter so probably be safer at 10-15 pounds but to be honest it is up to you not the rules. I hope I helped :)
  • ditchme
    ditchme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there I would love to join.
    cw 159.8lbs (wed morning)
    Gw 130lbs by summer 2016
  • alevanovich
    alevanovich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Amanda (36, a wife and SAHM) and new to MFP. I want to join a challenge to help with accountability! I need somewhere to post my progress. I kicked soda to the curb January 3, and once I got over that loss (I truly love Coke a cola) I decide to go Low Carb (because that's worked for me in the past).

January 19th SW: 237.8
    January 21st CW: 234.3
    Mini GW: 210
    Ultimate GW: 130
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, I'm in! I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm still gonna give it a good, hard try.
    MFP SW: 190 (about 2 years ago)
    CW: 159
    GW: 139
    UGW: 130-135
    Height: 5' 3"

If anyone wants to add me, feel free!
  • racerguy
    racerguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! A little late on this one but that's ok. I started last year and fell off the wagon so I'm back and more determined. Feel free to add me and kick me in the butt if I start slacking.

Height 5'10"
    SW 263
    CW 252.8
    GW 243 (by Easter)
    UGW 200

Good luck everyone!
  • kikina
    Options
    SJBanks89 wrote: »

SW=Starting weight
    CW=Current weight
    GW=Goal weight

So your Easter weight would be 20 pounds lighter than you are now. However there isn't much time left till Easter so probably be safer at 10-15 pounds but to be honest it is up to you not the rules. I hope I helped :)
    SJBanks89 wrote: »

SW=Starting weight
    CW=Current weight
    GW=Goal weight

• kikina
    Options
    Great thanks so much for the info
    CW 225.1
    GW 210
    Can't wait to get started!
  • scfarrant
    scfarrant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in and...

SW: 178
    CW: 165
    GW: 158

:smile:
  • CAGMD
    CAGMD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in...modified goal as I just found this challenge.
    SW: 168
    Easter GW: 152
    Ultimate GW: 145
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh day... Results a bit disappointing, but moving in the right direction

weight.png

SW:152
    CW:147
    GW: 132
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 pounds this week.
    SW: 234
    CW:228
    GW: 214 (for challenge)
  • YaYaLaVic
    YaYaLaVic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! Never done anything like it before.
  • marie535
    marie535 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    krb308 wrote: »
    I'm noticing a lot of positive weight lose updates ...but what is everybody eating..are you exercising too. Need more input because I'm struggling on the weekends. I do good during the week, but crash on Saturday and Sunday. And not to mention I really need to start moving more.

@krb308 Since I've just started, my weight loss thus far is strictly attributed to watching what I eat. I'm staying slightly under my calorie target but I'm also watching my carb/fat/protein ratio. I'm making sure I'm exceeding my protein goal and staying under my fat goal (most of the time). Breakfast is usually oatmeal with Apple and cinnamon mixed in or toast and peanut butter. Lunch is a smaller portion of last night's supper. And supper is lean protein (lots of it) with half cup of rice or potato and lots of green veggies. I snack a lot through the day; popcorn, veggies (sometimes fruit - watching sugar as well). My husband is really the driver of our latest weight loss mission. I've done this before and yo-yo'd back to my original weight (+). For some reason, I find it easier to plan, and stick to, healthier meals when I'm doing it for someone else too. He of course has lost 3x the amount I have in about the same timeframe but I know the changes he's made to his eating habits are more significant (portion sizes have reduced by ALOT) so I'm not letting it get to me. This is not a competition afterall. :)

This week's loss is much better than last week.
    SW - 247.8
    CW - 244.2
    Loss - 3.6 after 2 weeks
    GW Easter - 227.8
    GW - 180 (for now)

• MaMaJoChallenge
    MaMaJoChallenge Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am in....
    Height 5`5"
    CW: 172
    GW Challenge: 152
    Ultimate GW: 140
  • lanne4c
    lanne4c Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I"m in!!!

Height 5'9"
    SW: 220.5
    CW: 200 (2lbs a week don't think this is too unrealistic)
    GW: 165

I just finally got my work out schedule setup so i'm really excited to see results. I'm looked for some friends on mfp to also stay motivated as well so please fell free to add. I"m a busy mom of two elementary aged girls who one is on the local swim team. Good luck to everyone in meeting their goals!!!
  • sandmill88
    sandmill88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to walk but with the cold weather right now, it's hard. I've lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks, been sick this week so weight is just maintained which is discouraging but I'll get through. Normally I stop after 2 weeks because the 2nd week is always hard for me but then I think of those on the Biggest Loser and week 2 was always tough for them too.

Height 5'9"
    CW 217.5
    Ultimate GW 140
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    quiarga wrote: »
    I just found this post. Hopefully this is still going, and I think it's a great goal. Easter is my favorite holiday anyway!

MFP SW: 163.0
    CW: 161.2
    GW: Easter 141.2
    GW: ultimate 125.0

I'm 5'1" and in my 30s. I think that my current loss was only due to getting sick on Christmas Eve. Luckily, it's keeping me from wanting to eat any of the junk I baked before Christmas.

Let's do this!!

One week into the New Year and my weigh in day.

SW Challenge: 161.2
    CW: 156.2

15 lbs to go!

CW: 153.6

12.4 lbs to go!

Height: 5' 1"

CW: 151.8

Just over 10 lbs to go. Almost halfway there!
  • h20islife
    h20islife Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This sounds great to me
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 168
    CW: 161.6
    GW: 140 for Easter
    UGW: 125
    So ready to lose these 20 pounds that I've gained back in the last year but ill be happy just losing 10 or 15 by that time. Good luck everyone we can do this!!!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So my starting weight here was 194, now I am 188. So down 6 pounds since December 18th... slower than previous but hey not bad for the Christmas season. :)