20 Pounds by Easter 2016!

Options
saitiffeh
saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
Hi everyone!

Easter is on March 27th this year... that sounds like a great date to aim to lose 20 pounds by! Anyone else going to join me? I love this style of challenge :)

SW: 215.5
CW: 194
GW: 174

My long term goal is 134 but I am working in 20 pound increments! I've lost the weight so far with a reduced calorie diet and daily walking.

Hope others decide to join me and I hope to see lots of goals being met!

Replies

• ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi That sounds like a great idea. BUT, I am sort of scared to get on the scale. Maybe if I watch what I eat I could set a goal of getting on the Scale Jan. 1 and then sort of modify your goal to lose 15 by Easter. I am so scared to get on the scale.
  • Dleena
    Dleena Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would love to join. I just started my weight loss journey last week and am trying to loose 35lbs by June. This sounds perfect ! Count me in .

SW - 153.2 lbs
    CW - 152 lbs
    GW - 132 lbs

Ideally I would love to reach 118 lbs by June. I am 5,3"and a mom of three little crazies. Lets do it !
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well. Is this going to be a group?
  • sharonrunde246
    sharonrunde246 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love some motivation and support!
    SW: 154
    CW: 151
    GW: 135
  • saitiffeh
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    Hi That sounds like a great idea. BUT, I am sort of scared to get on the scale. Maybe if I watch what I eat I could set a goal of getting on the Scale Jan. 1 and then sort of modify your goal to lose 15 by Easter. I am so scared to get on the scale.

Hey that's fine! I was pretty scared at first too. And the number was higher than I imagined it would be! That hurt. But I can promise... you will feel better once you start and you will never want to look back! The beginning is the hardest for sure though!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I dunno if there is actually a group to join in, but I am sure to lose 20 by Easter!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm joining in!
    I need all the support that I can get!

The differences are:
    1. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Easter.
    2. Then another 10 pounds by June. We rented a beach house for a week in July. I *WILL* wear my favorite bikini and look great in it!!!
    3. My main focus is to reduce body fat.
    4. I'm starting this on January 1st. I'm enjoying the last bit of the Holidays without guilt.

Amanda
    height: 4'11" (wicked short)
    CW: ?125
    CBFat: ?26%
    GW: 115
    GBF: 22%

Let's do this!!!

Our beach house!!!
    763908a9-848a-4481-8ab8-311b4f8dea30.1.10
  • mrs_dyer_07
    mrs_dyer_07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, please can I join, feel free to add me as a friend and scout at my diary and exercise and tell me if doing owt wrong or even right!!! And I promise I'll do the same for you if you wish.

I have just stopped b/feeding my 8 month old, now fully weaned and just dying to lose the baby weight.

since my partner came back From Afghanistan year and a half ago I put two stone on, eating out and drinking and being carefree, then put three stone on with the pregnancy!!

SW: 248 I know 17 stone in UK!!
    CW: 244
    GW: 224

I am 5'9. I don't have a gym buddy but I am trying to do some kind of exercise everyday.

I have reduced my calories from 2000+ to 1600 in last week and starting today I am doing 1200.

Good luck everyone x x let's look forward to easter (eggs) lol
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone :D It's great to meet you! I would love to join in this challenge. I don't expect to lose 20 pounds since it's been getting more difficult for me to lose weight the closer I get to my goal, but I would be extremely happy to drop at least 10 pounds :) Even if I don't, I will still be happy with the amount I lose and I am going to give it my all to lose some weight! I'm happy losing any amount of weight that I can since that brings me closer to my goal. I would love to loose 15 pounds too get down to 150 pounds because I will be out of the overweight category and for the first time that I can ever remember, I will be in the "normal" weight category!!! My end goal would be to be around 130 pounds. I hope we can all be successful and drop some weight!

Height: 5'5
    SW: 240.3
    CW: 165.3
    GW: 150.3-155.3
  • saitiffeh
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »
    I dunno if there is actually a group to join in, but I am sure to lose 20 by Easter!

Yeah no group I think... I kinda just like this better!
  • saitiffeh
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    I'm joining in!
    I need all the support that I can get!

The differences are:
    1. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Easter.
    2. Then another 10 pounds by June. We rented a beach house for a week in July. I *WILL* wear my favorite bikini and look great in it!!!
    3. My main focus is to reduce body fat.
    4. I'm starting this on January 1st. I'm enjoying the last bit of the Holidays without guilt.

Amanda
    height: 4'11" (wicked short)
    SW: ?125
    SBFat: ?26%
    GW: 115
    GBF: 22%

Let's do this!!!

Our beach house!!!
    763908a9-848a-4481-8ab8-311b4f8dea30.1.10

Oh wow what a lovely beach house! Great goals. I'm taking a few days during the break to allow myself to eat at maintenance so I can enjoy the season a bit more with my family :)
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    saitiffeh wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Easter is on March 27th this year... that sounds like a great date to aim to lose 20 pounds by! Anyone else going to join me? I love this style of challenge :)

SW: 215.5
    CW: 194
    GW: 174

My long term goal is 134 but I am working in 20 pound increments! I've lost the weight so far with a reduced calorie diet and daily walking.

Hope others decide to join me and I hope to see lots of goals being met!

Hi: I did ok yesterday, so that is a good start!
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nice challenge! You're going to do it! Stay strong. :)
  • saitiffeh
    Options
    Oh man this is a little hard during Christmas isn't it! I may not see a loss this week but if I can enjoy myelf without gaining then that will be a huge accomplishment for me and the first in many Christmases!
  • psychjunkie16
    psychjunkie16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 166
    CW: 160.4
    GW: 140.4

My overall goal weight is 130 :)
  • TraceyKakes
    TraceyKakes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im in!!

Height 5'10

CW:208
    GW - Easter - 180
    GW - Ultimate - 145
  • Janetwoods
    Janetwoods Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Please feel free to add me - my diary is open.

Height 5'1

CW: 162
    GW - Easter - 142
    GW - Ultimate - 122
  • razzle973
    razzle973 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started making some changes last week, and my personal goal was to lose 30 pounds by May, so this will fit right into my plan :smiley: Feel free to add me.

CW - 255.5
    GW - 235 by Easter
    Overall GW - 195 - It seems far off now, but I know this will happen!
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to join. :)
    Height: 5'11"
    SW: 224 lb
    CW: 210 lb
    GW: 178 lb (or less)

I'm still pretty new to MFP, but would love some friends. :)
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
    CW: 207 lbs/94 kg
    GW by Easter 187 lbs/94.8 kg
    I have almost lost my first 20 lbs, another would be great. Feel free to add me!
    Will we report our weigh-in periodically?