Ketogenic

Hello! Anyone else using fitness pal for a keto diet as well?

Replies

• naiauhane
    naiauhane Posts: 15 Member
    I just started a couple of days ago. This is day 3 on keto for me. I used to use MFP occasionally for food tracking, but I'm finding it necessary with keto to keep the macros in mind. How's it going for you?
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    edited December 2015
    I read that keto is good for those with cancer. Starves the cells. Other than that... Low carb is a bad idea. Your body metabolizes carbohydrates much easier.

Stay G'd up on carbs!
  • jennxx639
    jennxx639 Posts: 4 Member
    It's a tough adjustment that's for sure. Especially because I love foods that happen to have tons of carbs hahah. I've done a low carb diet before and successfully lost 65lbs in 18months. This is also my 4th day on keto too! I was hoping for early ketosis but it's more difficult than I thought to skim down on carbs! Good luck you guys!
  • Heather_vaughn
    Heather_vaughn Posts: 39 Member
    can someone who has had success mssg me id like to try this
  • Low carb really works for me, love the fact that I'm hardly ever hungry...this is day three- feel free to add me.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    I read that keto is good for those with cancer. Starves the cells. Other than that... Low carb is a bad idea. Your body metabolizes carbohydrates much easier.

Stay G'd up on carbs!

I read that hypnosis really works, too.

YMMV, OP. Do what works for you.
  • I have been on it since late may. I didn't follow to the letter, so I am down 35 pounds and would have met my goal had I not slipped up so much. I am 1/2 way and not going to let the holidays set me back. It works.!
  • jennxx639
    Yay!! More keto people! Haha so far I really love it. I don't feel like I had to make a drastic change in my diet trying keto. It's almost a week already and I'm honestly surprised because I haven't had a Stomach ache since I started (normally experience frequent stomach irritation). I follow a group on Facebook that have excellent tips and support! Check out /r/xxketo group on Facebook
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Jen check out our low carb/keto group. Loads of helpful and experienced ketoers.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    The clear star that is yesterday stole the goods.
  • naz_20
    naz_20 Posts: 9 Member
    Been on Keto for almost 2 months. Love it. You lose carb cravings after a while.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    jennxx639 wrote: »
    It's a tough adjustment that's for sure. Especially because I love foods that happen to have tons of carbs hahah. I've done a low carb diet before and successfully lost 65lbs in 18months. This is also my 4th day on keto too! I was hoping for early ketosis but it's more difficult than I thought to skim down on carbs! Good luck you guys!

When you lost the 65 lbs were you able to keep it off, or did you gain some/all/more of it back when you went back to eating carbs?

If you love carbs why would you go on a diet that deprives you of them? Better to continue eating what you enjoy, but less of it. Sustainability is more important than losing quickly.
  • Super new to keto here...started yesterday. I've been yo yo ing forever. I'm down 85 as of now and hoping keto can help me reach my goal. However I'm having a hard time keeping protein in moderate and carbs so low. I'm literally eating protein and veggies and having a hard time staying with ing 20-25 net carbs. Any suggestions? Add me!
  • jennxx639
    jennxx639 wrote: »

When you lost the 65 lbs were you able to keep it off, or did you gain some/all/more of it back when you went back to eating carbs?

If you love carbs why would you go on a diet that deprives you of them? Better to continue eating what you enjoy, but less of it. Sustainability is more important than losing quickly.

Hey Kayla!
    I managed to keep it off for a very long time but had a change in my lifestyle about a year ago that I struggled with depression and also a honeymoon phase where I just let myself go. I love carbs but in a way that it was just comfort food really and just not helping my physical and mental state.
    I've been doing keto for a week and honestly feel like my energy level has improved and i can focus a lot better sorting my thoughts. Also physical pain is more undetected as well as my face is already free of break out!
    I find doing low carb and high protein is a good way to lose weight but there's other benefits too. Can't wait to see more progress!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Jen check out our low carb/keto group. Loads of helpful and experienced ketoers.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Yep, second this. The above link to the main LC group in MFP is where most of us ketofiles hang out.
  • behnoush_n
    behnoush_n Posts: 9 Member
    naz_20 wrote: »
    Been on Keto for almost 2 months. Love it. You lose carb cravings after a while.

Hi there .
    Are you doing keto diet ?
    If yes . Would you like to share your diary with me?
    I have been doing keto in 3 weeks now and so far no result.
    Thank you.
  • kittn_mittns
    kittn_mittns Posts: 13 Member
    I love Keto so far. It doesn't feel like you have to starve yourself to lose weight and you feel better to boot!
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Been meaning to make the switch to keto, and already have my macro adjustments set into MFP, but I refuse to pay $10 a month to be able to input my exact macros suggested for Keto. It's super demotivating after making meal planning in MFP, because I realize I have to go out and buy a *kitten* ton of food I don't have and do a lot of meal prepping. The keto plan just takes so much work compared to eating baked chicken breasts and vegetables.