Weird, tasty protein meal

2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    That's kinda similar to what we call a Canadian breakfast here..

Pancakes
    Fried eggs
    Fried Tomatoes
    Bacon
    scoop of vanilla cream
    all covered in maple syrup

Sounds weird, but is one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten! !!

This in no way represents any sort of Canadian breakfast that I've ever seen here. LOL.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    That's kinda similar to what we call a Canadian breakfast here..

Pancakes
    Fried eggs
    Fried Tomatoes
    Bacon
    scoop of vanilla cream
    all covered in maple syrup

Sounds weird, but is one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten! !!

This in no way represents any sort of Canadian breakfast that I've ever seen here. LOL.

Haha I've heard that before. I have no idea how/why they came up with it.

• Christine_72
    edited December 2015
    This is it, minus the ice cream and maple syrup,
    which usually gets served in little jugs on the side.

euo27s9jcnj2.png
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Maybe it's a Canadian breakfast because of the Canadian bacon?
  • Christine_72
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Maybe it's a Canadian breakfast because of the Canadian bacon?

Could well be Jane. We call it shortcut bacon over here.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    allyphoe wrote: »

Yup, that's the syrup-like stuff! In my case I just wasn't familiar enough with the real deal to discern a difference, so thickened water for fewer calories it is

Yeah, I use SF syrup too. I like regular syrup just fine but I don't love real maple syrup so much that a 10-20 cal maple flavored substitute just won't do.

There are many other things I'd rather use 200 calories on than maple syrup. Like I'd rather have more bacon and sausage links to dunk in my SF syrup, for example.

• Christine_72
    @Lourdesong does the SF syrup at least taste similar to the regular maple syrup?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I have never put maple syrup on eggs. Makes as much sense as putting it on a steak.

Many people make sweet egg white omelets.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    @Lourdesong does the SF syrup at least taste similar to the regular maple syrup?
    I dunno, I suppose it's like the difference between regular vs diet cola. Diet often tastes wrong and watery and tasteless to people who love regular cola. I never loved regular cola or maple syrup, and the only really meaningful difference I notice are caloric. Tastes similar enough for my needs.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Actually one more thing is that for me, the regular stuff is a bit too thick. The SF syrup is much, much thinner, so this means if you're dumping it on top of your food, it spreads way easier.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member

Exactly the same. Just like bread and cardboard. :p

I've had a couple low cal that weren't bad at all. Not sure I've ever had zero calorie stuff. But being tastes are subjective anyway, I'll offer that I do find some low calorie stuff as good if not better.

I think we all find some "weird" things we find tasty. I love breakfast food in general, but wouldn't waste the egg yolks. I like them, they make the ham and pancakes taste even better!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    So between this meal and my tuna lunch, I got carried away by the protein and got a quick reminder that my muffin breakfast was a bit more than just a sugary indulgence. Got a pretty nasty headache around 2 PM that lasted for at least a couple hours but I'm fine now!

I also under estimated the amount of egg white - I thought it was half the carton I had but I had a small carton! It would have needed to be the whole thing. I'm not sure I could actually do that OMG. In all, not a bad tasting breakfast. I did forget the bacon...