Looking for some Keto friends!

Hey there - I'm Kat, new to the community. This year I gained 30 lbs :(

I'm trying to get back into shape and have adopted the Keto diet. Today marks one week! I look forward to the future, but I really feel like I would do better if I had some friends on here as well!

I'll take any friends, but if you also happen to be trying out Keto, I'd love to be your friend and hear about what's worked for you and what hasn't.

Happy losing everyone!!

Replies

• nolaweeks
    nolaweeks Posts: 2 Member
    kink008 wrote: »
    Hey there - I'm Kat, new to the community. This year I gained 30 lbs :(

I'm trying to get back into shape and have adopted the Keto diet. Today marks one week! I look forward to the future, but I really feel like I would do better if I had some friends on here as well!

I'll take any friends, but if you also happen to be trying out Keto, I'd love to be your friend and hear about what's worked for you and what hasn't.

Happy losing everyone!!

Hey kat, I am new to keto as well! How's yours going so far?? What made you want to try keto? My boyfriend lost over 100 pounds in a year on keto. I would like to lose 42 pounds by next April and then I will be at my goal weight in time for a trip to Thailand
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    @kink008 Welcome to MFP Forums.

One low key Keto group on MFP that I find to offer good info/personal experiences is linked below. I have been at Keto of nearly 15 months for pain management. Lost some weight but mainly I do it for better health. My health markers are better at 64 than at 44.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group\

Best of success.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi guys I want to get my shape back as I was off the rails for a bit, merry xmas
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Add me, I'm doing keto as well :)
  • sarawklecru
    sarawklecru Posts: 1 Member
    I want to do keto, I lost 5 lbs right away, but the holiday season is kicking my diet in thd behind...
  • Mrbigs12
    Mrbigs12 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been on Keto for about month now. Finally got my blood ketones up to 1.6mml. Then hung out with Family and dropped down to .20. Just got back to .6.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I am doing LCHF and my diary is open ....You are more than welcome to add me ....wishing you the best and MERRY CHRISTMAS :)
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    I'm just getting started too, and need some support and friends to do this with! Add me :)
  • melisalynn79
    melisalynn79 Posts: 2 Member
    I am on day 3! You can add me.
  • What is keto :smile:
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    What is keto :smile:

what is google? :p
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    What is keto :smile:

A very low carb high fat (moderate protein) diet, usually less than 30 g of carbs per day, which causes the body to rely on ketones for most of its energy rather than glucose (carbs).

A ketogenic diet is helpful to many with insulin resistance health problems like type2 diabetes, prediabetes, NAFLD, PCOS, some dementia, and can help those who are not good at moderating carb or sugar intake.

The Low Carber Daily is a good group to look into for support. So is the Keto group.