How are you doing with Christmas eating so far?

Options
13»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying Christmas more now that i eat well but dont overdo it so i feel sick
  • RainbowInTheDark
    RainbowInTheDark Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lost almost 1 pound when i weighed my self the morning after xmas dinner (today morning). Woohoo!
    Having no exceptions and no cheat days, is what keeps me motivated. Was on a plateu for a couple of weeks, and the day after xmas, boom, scale went down, best gift ever!
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I didn't even log yesterday. Started the day with cinnamon rolls and chocolate. Then we spent a fair part of the day visiting various friends and family members. I had a bit of everything; Korean food, Italian strombolis, etc. At dinnertime, I made ham, carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, and cornbread, with blackberry cobbler for dessert. Pretty sure I was well over maintenance, lol. I'm not concerned in the least. I'm down 5 pounds since Thanksgiving, so one day off isn't going to hurt. Back on track today and still planning to fit in a piece of chocolate or two.
  • workharder68
    workharder68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love and appreciate this community blog that I just discovered!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Love and appreciate this community blog that I just discovered!!

Welcome!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I lost track of the logging after a few glasses of wine, some scotch, and some apple pie at Christmas dinner last night. Am just glad I'm still logging (even if I go back the next day) and maintaining this month.
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I ate French Toast Casserole (with a couple pieces of Pepper Bacon!), homemade Beef Barley Stew, and unknown quantity of sugar cookies, Italian Creme Cake and M&Ms. For the first time in 8 months, I didn't log, weigh or measure. Christmas was AWESOME!! Oh and then there was a coupla glasses of great red wine with good company....

I have zero regrets, a great big smile and for the first time in my life I'm confident that this won't set back for a week [or forEVER]. I had alot of fun! Today, I'm back to real life and smart food decisions (and a yummy salmon dinner). Keepin off that 48+ lbs....!

MFP is truly free-ing for me. :p Humming "this is how we do it...."
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Not logged and not going to.

Had far too much, but not nearly as much or for as many days as I would have done in the past, so am pleased. Have a stinking cold and I also overeat when I have a cold so hey ho.

I note that I feel rubbish, my innards hate me (I have IBS and I had bread two days running), and the excess sugar is really not doing me or those close to me (work that one out folks) any good! Tomorrow it'll be ramping it all back down again and hopefully I'll be able to walk further than down one flight of stairs :-)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Right after I ate a big lunch (planning a light dinner) I got invited to a thing for tonight. Let's just say I shouldn't have eaten as much as I did. Not crazy, but over what I wanted to be by a few hundred calories. I need to stay focused for the rest of the time to meet my short-term goal for the end of January. Yeesh.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I went way over my calories, probably by about 2200. I'm going to slowly eat less over the next 2 weeks to make up for it.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    I went way over my calories, probably by about 2200. I'm going to slowly eat less over the next 2 weeks to make up for it.

That's a great idea, like 100 calories less; I'd eat.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Its been few days of eating and drinking what the hell I want. Do I feel guilty? Nope...its a drop in the ocean.
    Cheers,
    Shaun.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Disappointing... I didn't really have much of an appetite this Christmas. While I'm not tracking I would guess I definitely eat more on a typical weekend. Plus with no alcohol things definitely weren't as fun this year. Ah well!