Jillian Michael's Body Shred

Options
LessthanKris
LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
For Christmas I asked for pain. Body Shred was under the tree.

I searched it on the boards and there was not much out there and really nothing recent. Has anyone done this program yet? I had great results with Body Revolution and MFP but really let myself slide since this summer and and am up 10 lbs ☹️.

I plan on starting January 11th. Was wondering if there is anyone who is starting soon.

Replies

• minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm did Body Shred for a few weeks last spring, but it was too much impact for my knees so I moved on to other stuff. I've heard others rave about it, though.
  • mil_arce
    mil_arce Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I loooooove body shred 20 minutes workouts and I've been doing it off and on for a few months and have had great results in the past.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    mil_arce wrote: »
    I loooooove body shred 20 minutes workouts and I've been doing it off and on for a few months and have had great results in the past.

They are more like 30 minutes right?
  • Ditzy50
    Ditzy50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Body shred sounds interesting - where do I find it?
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
  • bananas162
    bananas162 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got two weeks in and was loving it, only stopped because I had to work a lot of overtime.. the joys of retail before Christmas! Starting again tomorrow and can't wait!
  • quickj2014
    quickj2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started it. I had just finished Body Revolution and week 12 of Body Rev doesn't compare to week 1 of Bodyshred - much harder! Had great results with Body Rev though!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    quickj2014 wrote: »
    week 12 of Body Rev doesn't compare to week 1 of Bodyshred - much harder!

That makes me a little nervous lol. I have done Body Revolution a few times and was actually going through it again and was in my last two weeks until Christmas week and twisting something in my back. I left early for vacation too so I am ending on week 9 and 10 and just moving onto Body Shred. You all interested in checking in here? I still have a week and a half but definitely could use some support!
  • bananas162
    bananas162 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely check in here. I'm doing 3 weeks of each bit rather than 2 so won't be too far ahead of you.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm starting BodyShred next week if anyone wants to add me.
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im on week 3 if anyone wants to add.
  • A_Nickz
    A_Nickz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is awesome! I'm thinking about doing it again after my current 30 Day workout is done!
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I finished it, lost 12 pounds, felt amazing after it. It's a damned hard workout compared to Body Revolution. I'd recommend it
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    started it, managed 10days then during one of the jumps ankle got twisted and how has severe ligament damage - 8 months later and still only able to do certain activities
    so I think its good but high impact therefore be careful!
  • ErinKay_RN
    ErinKay_RN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Hoping to stay motivated to finish it out. Kicked my butt more than I thought it would in 25 minutes!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Looking forward to staring on Monday! I have not worked out in about 2.5 weeks so a little nervous but so ready to get moving in this.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,368 Member
    Options
    I started today, again! I love this workout!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I started it on Monday and am running stage 1 for the month. I found I really didn't like high impact cardio so switched to step-ups with jumping jack arms. It works for me.

Cheers, h.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Day 1 and 2 completed. Yesterday I had a cold and had not worked out in two and a half weeks so it sucked. I was expecting to be eased in like in Body Revolution but she starts this program aggressively. I am expecting good things! Day two felt a bit easier. I like Kenta's cool down. A nice change from Jillian's.

I will give the cardio workout a chance but may switch it out for a run or Turbofire if I get bored with it.
  • eosborne27
    eosborne27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1. I am not one that is big on exercising, but I liked it!! Hoping to stick to the full 30 days. Feel free to add me I could def use the motivation to keep at it!