Jillian Michael's Body Shred

Options

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    eosborne27 wrote: »
    Just did day 1. I am not one that is big on exercising, but I liked it!! Hoping to stick to the full 30 days. Feel free to add me I could def use the motivation to keep at it!

Are you doing 30 Day Shred? Body Shred is 60 Days
  • eosborne27
    eosborne27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    30 day shred. I guess I misread
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    First week down! Workout one and two were e bit easier without a cold but I still had to take a couple pauses. My shoulders just felt exhausted by the forth circuit.

How'd everyone do this week?
  • bananas162
    bananas162 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Donkey kicks are kicking my *kitten* :tired_face:
  • LessthanKris
    edited January 2016
    Options
    bananas162 wrote: »
    Donkey kicks are kicking my *kitten* :tired_face:

When she said Donkey kicks, I actually thought it would be the ones from Body Revolution and was surprised since that version is pretty easy. She is just crazy though!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Just started for second time yesterday. Doing workout two today. I swap out the cardio for other things as I get bored. Also doing a rotation of three sets of every work out instead of four this time around (just for me mentally) love the program. Feels tougher than the others and quicker moving, less down time and more sweating
  • LCsmom12
    LCsmom12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started the program on 1/11 too! I also have done Body Revolution on and off for the past few years but needed a change in my workout program. So far I love Body Shred and I feel a little stronger than I did last week. I feel like I barely get off the ground with the donkey kicks! haha
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've done 4 days of circuit 1 and love it. 30DS is a great workout. I do a hard stationary bike ride for 20 min after it to get a longer workout. I'll do the second workout circuit Monday. Was doing body beast for 2 months and am strong, but her arm/shoulder weight exercises are different and had me sweating. I did T25 in the summer/fall but like how she divided the workout into strength, cardio, and abs each day. Much easier on the joints.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Week 2 done! Today was my rest day. Swapped out the cardio for a Turbo Fire and gave my knees a break for the second cardio day with some PIYO. I get bored easily with her cardio workouts. I have not peaked at workouts 3 and 4 yet but should be interesting.
  • LCsmom12
    Options
    I completely forgot that I need to bump up to workouts 3 and 4 tomorrow, yikes!! I get bored with her cardio too, I only did it once each week just because of how my schedule worked out. Not gonna lie, I am a little nervous about the next workouts! :# But we got this!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Finished Amplify this morning. I know those jumping push ups will lead to the clapping ones in a future workout and those are scary to me! Love seeing her admit there is move even she has her limits on though.

Hated the cool down though. Needed more stretch for the legs after the beating she gave them.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Workout 4: Could there BE anymore versions of a burpee?
  • LCsmom12
    Options
    Oh no really?? My alarm went off this morning to get up and workout and I rolled over and woke up again a half an hour later! I'll be doing workout 4 tonight. Workout 3 was intense! I'm beginning to hate the work plank. But the burn is real, I'm still feeling it today!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I was looking for reviews of Body Shred and saw this post. How are you guys doing? Are you still enjoying it?
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Finished week 3 yesterday. It is definitly harder but the time is flying by so enjoying it so far. Down around 4 lbs. I did some measurements again the middle of this week because I thought I saw a change but I think messed up the measurement so I am waiting to measure again at the end of next week. I doubt I lost 2 inches in my waist in three weeks.

It is hard. Lots of push-ups and plyo from the start. I can't imagine where she is heading in the next four workouts.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    @LessthanKris Is this program setup similar to JMBR, with circuits 4x, and cardio 2x a week and progresses ever other week?
  • kimikats
    kimikats Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    We have Body Shred at my gym and I love it! 45 minute class (15 for warmup/cooldown) and then 30 minutes of non-stop workout. It's really great. We have it twice a week. I wish there were more!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    giusa wrote: »
    @LessthanKris Is this program setup similar to JMBR, with circuits 4x, and cardio 2x a week and progresses ever other week?

It does have four circuits but instead of the two minutes of four strength training moves with a cardio minute in between it has three 30 second resistance training moves that she runs through twice, (so three minutes of resistance) then two 30 second cardio moves you so twice (two minutes cardio), then one minute abs.

It is two strength workouts four days and two days of cardio each week. It is only a 60 day program and does progress every two weeks.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thanks @LessthanKris !
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How does Body Shred compare to 30 Day Shred and Body Revolution?