Jillian Michael's Body Shred

Options

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    diwijo13 wrote: »
    How does Body Shred compare to 30 Day Shred and Body Revolution?

Check out my response above to giusa. I was comparing it to BR there. It does not start off as easy as BR though. She does not spend much time easing you in.
  • LCsmom12
    LCsmom12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    I was looking for reviews of Body Shred and saw this post. How are you guys doing? Are you still enjoying it?

I'm really liking the program so far! I've been doing BR for the past few years on and off and BR definitely starts off a little easier than Body Shred. I haven't seen the scale move much, I have PCOS so that's sort of an uphill battle anyways, but I have lost a few inches. I'm restarting week 3 this week because last week just became a little crazy with other life things. So far I think it's a great program and it's a great workout for only 30 minutes per day.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Half way through! Aside from the duck walks, it was not as bad as I thought. I preview tomorrow's though and it looks brutal!
  • LessthanKris
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Finished up week 6 today. Workouts 5/6 were actually not too bad. Also tried cardio 2 and did not hate.

I previewed workout 7 today though. I am scared. Not a good sign when the modifier is not the only one needing to modify the moves.
  • ndrenee
    ndrenee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just found this! I started Week 5 this week and thought that workouts 5 and 6 were easier than 3 and 4. Maybe I am just getting stronger? You make me scared of workout 7!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My knees hurt a lot doing 30 day Shred so I stopped half way through. I'd done T25 for 3 months and didn't have any problems. How does Body Shred feel on your knees?

I also found the format of 30 day shred somewhat repetitious. There were only 3 circuits/workouts for the month so it was the same workout for a week. This is different right? Some variety each day? Thanks!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    ndrenee wrote: »
    Just found this! I started Week 5 this week and thought that workouts 5 and 6 were easier than 3 and 4. Maybe I am just getting stronger? You make me scared of workout 7!

Yea the thought crossed my mind too but I think they are easier for me because there were less push up variations. She totally makes up for that in workout 7.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    How does Body Shred feel on your knees?

I also found the format of 30 day shred somewhat repetitious. There were only 3 circuits/workouts for the month so it was the same workout for a week. This is different right? Some variety each day? Thanks!

There are lots of plyo moves but she has a modifier that does a lot of low impact so I think it is doable. Body Revolution and Body Shred have a lot more variety than 30DS. You have two new workouts every two weeks. You do each workout twice a week and then have two days of cardio.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Finished week seven today. I seriously feel like these two weeks have made me feel like I have not been working out at all prior to this week. The damn wheelbarrow push-ups I find impossible. I feel like my heart rate is still high even after my shower for workout eight.

One more week!
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I plan to do body shred after I finish br. Is body shred more difficult than the last two weeks of body revolution?
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    From what I remember, I think coming directly out of BR would not be too bad. She does not ease into the plyo like she did in BR.
  • karmaheart
    Options
    From what I remember, I think coming directly out of BR would not be too bad. She does not ease into the plyo like she did in BR.

That's what I figured, but I'm ready for the challenge. Thanks!

• rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just bought Body Shred. I'm a huge Jillian fan, and I got it for $20. I'm excited to see there's a thread for it. She always kicks my butt. >:) Can't wait for it to get here.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just been looking through my DVD's and I found Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, think I bought it a couple of years ago, took one look and thought no way. I going to start tomorrow as I've been looking to do something during the day. I spend far too much time sat at the computer, even if I don't log the exercise it will increase my steps.
  • redd_87
    redd_87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Question: does she use resistance bands like she does in BR? I'm doing BR now and modify the exercises with bands because my package didn't come with them. Planning on doing Body Shred next (6 weeks til I'm done) but am curious about the bands, as my Amazon order doesn't appear to have them included. Just curious. Thanks!
  • karmaheart
    Options
    redd_87 wrote: »
    Question: does she use resistance bands like she does in BR? I'm doing BR now and modify the exercises with bands because my package didn't come with them. Planning on doing Body Shred next (6 weeks til I'm done) but am curious about the bands, as my Amazon order doesn't appear to have them included. Just curious. Thanks!

I don't use the bands, because I didn't get the ones she uses. Regular bands make it very difficult to do BR. I just use my 5 pound weights. I'm on dvd 5 &6 right now and I plan to do body shred once I'm done.

• redd_87
    Options
    karmaheart wrote: »
    redd_87 wrote: »

I don't use the bands, because I didn't get the ones she uses. Regular bands make it very difficult to do BR. I just use my 5 pound weights. I'm on dvd 5 &6 right now and I plan to do body shred once I'm done.

Awesome. That's what I'm doing with Body Revolution now. Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks!
    I'm also on workouts 5&6!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    No resistance bands in body shred
  • redd_87
    Options
    Cheriels82 wrote: »
    No resistance bands in body shred

Even better! Thank you.
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lydilod wrote: »
    Just been looking through my DVD's and I found Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, think I bought it a couple of years ago, took one look and thought no way. I going to start tomorrow as I've been looking to do something during the day. I spend far too much time sat at the computer, even if I don't log the exercise it will increase my steps.

I did two rounds of 30DS & had nice results
    They weren't like WHOA! IM SO RIPPED! But I definitely saw change in my body!