2»

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I had a Fitbit Flex for 2 years and recently replaced it with a Garmin Vivofit2 when the battery started to need charging every day.

My thoughts:
    • Any tracker with a wrist HRM will not be very accurate. Not worth the extra money IMHO
    • Garmin has an optional chest strap HRM for when you are doing cardio
    • Both appear to be reasonably accurate with their calories burned estimations
    • Both are comfortable to wear
    • Vivofit is a bit bigger and clunkier
    • Vivofit runs on a watch battery. No charging needed
    • No Fitbit models are water resistant (the older Flex's were). I spend a lot of time in the pool. Garmin is water resistant to 50 meters
    • Both websites give the info you need, but I find Fitbit to be a bit more user friendly
    • Fitbit syncs with MFP better than Garmin, but both are decent
    • I like the info on the Vivofit2 unit itself. Steps, miles, calories burned, time, and date. You can also set it like a stopwatch. Flex only showed a little light for each 20% of step goal completed
    • Flex vibrates when you reach your step goal. Garmin beeps which I rarely hear.
    • Fitbit will sync with any smartphone. Garmin will with any IOS but only some Android. It does not work with my Nokia

I have been happy with both, for different reasons.

When I first asked about the Windows OS, Garmin said they had no plans to support it. However, I just saw that they have a release for Windows 10, so maybe in the future.

It works with many android phones (Samsug Galaxy, LG, Motorola), just not Nokia

I know, what I am saying is that they just now released it for Windows 10 so it works with Nokia windows 10 phones.

No it doesn't. That is the phone I have and it does not work with it. I contacted Garmin and they said that no Nokia phones work with their app.

Then they dont know what they are talking about. I just updated my Nokia phone to Windows 10 from Windows 8, installed Garmin Connect and synched.dw08wqz303wk.jpeg
    m9xbifcc31xt.jpeg