Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

28 day egg diet

What are you're takes on this diet? Has it worked for anyone on here? Is it worth trying it?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If you want to be put off eggs for life, go for it!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    No. Make a plan for how you plan to eat for the rest of your life. 28 days of anything is not going to work.
  • Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    Ew.....not a chance
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    The lenghts people are willing to go to just to be able to say "dieting doesn't work".
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I don't know what is involved with a 28 day egg diet but I generally believe that anything that advertises a duration and a particular food to eat or food to avoid are merely marketing ploys perpetuated by Pinterest, Facebook, Dr Oz, or someone trying to make a quick buck...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Sounds like some Dr oz derp .

Op, if you want to lose weight- all you need is a calorie deficit. Eat less then you burn and you'll lose weight.

There's no need to torment yourself with ridiculous fad diets.

So what would happen on day 29 when you stop eating all eggs and go back to regular foods? ( you would gain everything you lost, if anything, right back because you didn't learn the necessary tools for successful weight loss.

Quick fixes and fads don't work. You must put in the hard work needed. There's no easy way out.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    that sounds absolutely ridiculous
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    This is the second thread that has me craving egg muffins today. OP, that honestly sounds dreadful, and I quite enjoy eggs. Set up your information here. Eat that number of calories (it will include the deficit you need). Get a variety of healthy whole foods, fit in some fun treats. Find the nutritional balance that you can maintain for life.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Why the extreme? Especially if it's something you're NOT going to stick with long term?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Isn't that the diet that has eggs and grapefruits for breakfast that used to circulate in the 90s? I'm all for fad diets, but this one is VILE. You will be put off by eggs for months if not years. To top it all it's a very low calorie diet where you consume less than 800 calories a day. Yes you will lose weight simply due to the severe calorie restriction, but keeping it up for 4 weeks can be dangerous.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited December 2015
    Here is an amusing read about this diet...

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html

At the end of the page is a menu plan...

At one point the person said they did a 5 day egg fast...lost over 7lbs...gained back 5lbs within a couple of days...is going to try it again to see if she can lose more weight.

OP...I usually don't voice my opinion on other peoples diets but this one just doesn't make any sense. Why have to keep repeating a diet to just keep losing/regaining the same weight.

All you will be eating is eggs...cheese...fat...and not much of any one of them.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I know I would never make it. Just stick to counting calories op. Eggs are great nutritionally, but don't you think you'll get tired of this quickly?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Hahahahahahahaha

Hahaha

Ha

Hahahahhaahhaahahahahahha
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Your farts would be legendary

This was eggsactly what I was going to say! :)
  • Sued0nim

Quit yolking around
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Quoting an article on the Boston Medical Center's site, "An estimated 45 million Americans diet each year and spend $33 billion annually on weight loss products. Yet, nearly two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese." If these things worked, America wouldn't be so fat. There's no substitute for making permanent lifestyle changes (including diet).
  • snickerscharlie
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Quit yolking around

Quit egging me on, then. :)
  • Sued0nim
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Quit yolking around

Quit egging me on, then. :)

Well I felt a bit chicken about being more direct
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get away from the person on the egg fast diet.
  • snickerscharlie
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get away from the person on the egg fast diet.

You're eggsagerating, aren't you?