Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

28 day egg diet

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    So what happens on the 29th day? whoknows.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Your farts would be legendary

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get away from the person on the egg fast diet.

You're eggsagerating, aren't you?

I guess my joke isn't all that it was cracked up to be...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    I've poached every single egg pun here to use on the next egg diet thread.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    senecarr wrote: »

That's smart. I've really been scrambling to come up with material.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Groan....
    :D

I know of a few (low carbers) who have done an egg fast for a few days when they feel they are off track or experiencing (eggsperiencing) carb creep. They do it with lower calories (often 1000-1200 per day) but it is a very short term thing. An entire month of just eggs... I don't see the benefit.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Dumb ideal OP.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    You know sometimes I feel like I have to walk on eggshells to get my point of view across on MFP.
  • snickerscharlie
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »

That's smart. I've really been scrambling to come up with material.
    Did you end up with egg on your face?

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Did this diet start in New Yolk City? I would like to eggsplore this.
  • snickerscharlie
    It's eggasperating!
  • snickerscharlie
    Ah, free range eggs. <nods> Good.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Why would you do that to yourself when you could just eat sensibly with a calorie deficit and actually lose weight in a sustainable manner?
  • snickerscharlie
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    Why would you do that to yourself when you could just eat sensibly with a calorie deficit and actually lose weight in a sustainable manner?
    jo7YeTO.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    What eggsactly happened in here? OP, came looking for a simple diet, nothing eggstravagant. Somehow you've managed to seggue into all this. :noway:

57538633.jpg
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    To eggspand on a more serious note, if done for 28 days, what will OP do about vitamin C? There's none in an egg. Is this also called the scurvy diet?
    Vitamin k is also very low (1% in a raw cup of eggs). Niacin is the same.
    That seems like some serious dietary deficiencies for something done for 28 days.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    My eggspression when I opened this thread:

scale.php?img=MS83LzAvMS8xLTcxNjYwODQtMTcwMTIxMi5qcGc&ctype=1&v=4&q=81&xs=620&ys=383&sig=fb15c02916e3e3a0d5b3578e57e74cc263059f40

My eggspression on my way out:

too_happy_egg_____by_voohie_vachapoohie-d39ug4j.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited December 2015
    Cielia243 wrote: »
    What are you're takes on this diet? Has it worked for anyone on here? Is it worth trying it?

Well, I started this diet when I was much younger. Didn't last long because I farted a lot (not on purpose, they had a way of escaping). Those farts were so horrible smelling that my choices were to continue the egg diet and have no family and friends near me, or give it up and try something else so I wouldn't be all alone in the world.

I chose the latter, and in came Slim Fast, or some other silly fad diet that made grand promises. None of them worked.

So, here's the deal. You will lose lose weight on the egg diet if you eat at a calorie deficit, but if you don't eat at a calorie deficit while on this diet you will not lose weight. Therefore, why not just have some eggs in your diet if you like them, round your dietary plan with lots of wonderful other foods that make your day, eat at a calorie deficit, and lose weight that way?

In my personal opinion, fad diets are the biggest setup for failure. At least, before I learned that eating at a calorie deficit is the only requirement to lose weight, I fell for the fad diets a lot.

Good luck. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Isn't that the diet that has eggs and grapefruits for breakfast that used to circulate in the 90s? I'm all for fad diets, but this one is VILE. You will be put off by eggs for months if not years. To top it all it's a very low calorie diet where you consume less than 800 calories a day. Yes you will lose weight simply due to the severe calorie restriction, but keeping it up for 4 weeks can be dangerous.

I think it is. It's very tortuous, and I lasted less than five days on that one. I was a teen and my mother was pretty upset at me for doing this diet (she didn't believe in any diet except for eating less food).
  • SLLRunner
    vingogly wrote: »
    Quoting an article on the Boston Medical Center's site, "An estimated 45 million Americans diet each year and spend $33 billion annually on weight loss products. Yet, nearly two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese." If these things worked, America wouldn't be so fat. There's no substitute for making permanent lifestyle changes (including diet).

thumbsup300.png
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Your farts would be legendary

Came here to say this. Nothing like adding even more sulfur to the gaseous emissions.