Diabetes (T2) - Holiday Spluge

Options
Any fellow diabetics out there that splurged on carbs a few times during the holidays? I'm back on carb counting and my calorie deficit, but my fasting bg was between 89-100 and for the last 3 days it's around 115. Thoughts? I hate to think that a few days indulgences screwed me up that bad!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Low carb keeps mt BG too but an evening snack with too much food will raise my next day's FBG even if it did not raise my post meal BG much. Last night I had pork rinds and cheese dip and this mrning's FBG was up to 6.1. (110); normally it is between a 4 and. 5.3 (75-95).

Were you eating late? Was your last meal large? If you are doing it all right it may just be your body taking a few days to settle back into low carb... Those indulgences can mess us up but it will revert back to low carb levels soon is my bet.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I did work late last night, so I ended up eating after my workout at like 830pm, which is 3 hours later than usual. Was in my carb allowance, but it was late. I don't usually do an evening snack as it raises always raises my fbg. I'm just going to buckle down and get with the program and hopefully it will be back down soon.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    also... mmmm pork rinds! My new favorite thing, crunchy and low/no carbs!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    also... mmmm pork rinds! My new favorite thing, crunchy and low/no carbs!

If you like pork rinds you may want to try the Low Carber Daily group. Quite a few of us are insulin resistant and have found low carb is helpful to managing BG. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There is also a T2 Diabetic group and a fair number of those people are lower carb too.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    I'm in the low carber group! I count carbs, but nowhere near being actual really low carb.