MFP Premium?

Options
13»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I often read premium users like it because they can switch the exercise calories off. Maybe I'm missing something.. But why not un sync the fitbit or whatever from MFP, therefore no exercise calories added.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Some people use the calorie info in FitBit?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I've also seen some mention they still want the status posted to their newsfeed, but not the calorie goal adjusted. And 536 calories sounds a lot more fun than 1 or 3 calories!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I often read premium users like it because they can switch the exercise calories off. Maybe I'm missing something.. But why not un sync the fitbit or whatever from MFP, therefore no exercise calories added.

People may wish to log exercise calories and account for them against weight loss. MFP's approach of hitting the same deficit every day may not suit everybody, if I did some extra exercise I might just want to smile internally rather than eat more to offset it.
  • sierratx
    sierratx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to tracking fitness and calories with MFP and am really glad I have been exploring the forums, especially this post. I decided to give the premium version a try for 1 month before I bought it for a year to see if it was worth it. As I stated above I didn't like that my exercise calories were auto added back in. I enjoyed tracking my workouts but I was using an ipod nano (remember the older ones that were tiny and square that could be work like a watch?) to track my runs and had to put them manually into MFP. I recently though opted to get a fitbit Zip and now I can keep the runs separate in fitbit and if I decide to add them I can. To get to the point, after doing this and realizing that I'm good tracking macros with % and don't really care about setting the grams, that after using MFP free and premium, that the premium isn't really worth the expense. All of the things I use are in the free one.