I feel like I am losing way too slow...

Options
So I've been on MFP before but I have never been this consistent for this amount of time. I've been on for about a year and six months now and I wanted to know if losing 60lbs in 15 months is too slow. I would have lost more had I not been binge eating this year :( and going through the motions with stress and my depression but as life would have it, things happen to get in the way of your progress.

Sometimes its discouraging seeing people lose 100lbs in less than a year who were my weight or some lose that amount in less than six months.

So I just wonder if there is anyone else who is having a slow journey as well.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    It is about 1 pound per week. That is a perfectly normal and reasonable weight loss. Certainly not slow in the big picture of things.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is about 1 pound per week. That is a perfectly normal and reasonable weight loss. Certainly not slow in the big picture of things.

Yeah but I've read that weight loss that's too slow can be just as detrimental as fast weight loss. Something about the slow progression makes the individual less and less motivated over time to keep going which I have to say was me several times this year lol but I am determined to get the rest of this weight off me for once and for all.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

This.
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    All progress is progress. It's not a race.

Look at it another way, you could have done absolutely nothing last year and lost no weight at all. You've done brilliantly to lose as much weight as you have done. Keep going!
  • jokoh92
    Options
    ARC1603 wrote: »

Look at it another way, you could have done absolutely nothing last year and lost no weight at all. You've done brilliantly to lose as much weight as you have done. Keep going!

Or worse...I could have gained weight. Thanks! That really put things in perspective for me. I guess sometimes I just overthink my progress but I have to keep reminding myself that its my progress and everybody's is different.
  • HeatherDunnell
    HeatherDunnell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The slow and easy pace wins the race
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    60 lbs sounds good to me!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Comparison is the thief of joy.

I can think of 60 reasons why you should be proud of yourself. You have been committed to losing weight for 15 months now. That in itself is an accomplishment.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 60lbs!!

Be happy, you did this.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I've lost 3# a month for 6 months. Is that too slow? Just kidding. I'm thrilled to have lost weight without starving myself. Just slow and easy.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    60lbs is awesome! Try not to worry about who lost what. Everyone is different and journeys are not the same. Congrats on your progress thus far:)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's a great rate, especially given the many challenges you've faced. Many would have given up. Not you!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options

This exactly.

And for what it's worth, I've been at this 15 months as well and lost 74 lbs. I do the slow & steady pace too. It's working for me! And if you are okay with the pace you're at, why not?!
  • jokoh92
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Comparison is the thief of joy.

I can think of 60 reasons why you should be proud of yourself. You have been committed to losing weight for 15 months now. That in itself is an accomplishment.

Thanks!
  • jokoh92
    Options
    Congrats on losing 60lbs!!

Be happy, you did this.

Thanks!
  • jokoh92
    Options
    60lbs is awesome! Try not to worry about who lost what. Everyone is different and journeys are not the same. Congrats on your progress thus far:)

Thanks! It doesn't feel like it sometimes when the process is so slow but I guess when looking at the whole picture, it is an accomplishment.
  • jokoh92
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    That's a great rate, especially given the many challenges you've faced. Many would have given up. Not you!

Thanks and that's so true.
  • jokoh92
    Options

This exactly.

And for what it's worth, I've been at this 15 months as well and lost 74 lbs. I do the slow & steady pace too. It's working for me! And if you are okay with the pace you're at, why not?!

Congrats on the weight loss and its so great to know that I'm not the only one. And you are so right. Thanks!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Perhaps losing slowly you'll have a better chance of keeping the weight off long term. Look at it that way and just keep going. Best.
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good On You! As everyone else said it isn't a race. You should be tremendously proud of your accomplishment.