I feel like I am losing way too slow...

Options
2»

Replies

• michaelpsmith1969
    michaelpsmith1969 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Grats on 60 pds loss . It will give your body more time to snap back . Have you ever seen people who lose it so fast they turn in a bag of skin ?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Many people who lose fast also gain it back just as fast. It's more important to learn to make better choices for the rest of your life. Be patient. I do like to look in the success stories area because I started with 100 lbs to lose. Yes, that seems like a huge, huge commitment. But seeing so dang many people that have done it - gives me immense amounts of inspiration. And MOST of them took a long time to get to the "I'm successful" stage. I disregard any post that says "I lost 60 lbs in 4 months and you can too!!". Yeah, if I stop eating altogether, I can do that. I want something sustainable. That should be your aim jokoh. Good health, good, sustainable results. Congratulations on having come this far - you should be congratulating yourself on a daily basis!
  • deege76
    deege76 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the time it took, never forget that a loss of 60 lbs is an incredible achievement. I was just talking to a friend of mine who has managed to lose 20 of the 100 lbs that she started on trying to lose January 2015. She would give anything to say that she has lost 60
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. You are losing weight. A plus in my books!
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    jokoh92 wrote: »
    It is about 1 pound per week. That is a perfectly normal and reasonable weight loss. Certainly not slow in the big picture of things.

Yeah but I've read that weight loss that's too slow can be just as detrimental as fast weight loss. Something about the slow progression makes the individual less and less motivated over time to keep going which I have to say was me several times this year lol but I am determined to get the rest of this weight off me for once and for all.
    Weight loss should be 2# or less a week. By losing weight slowly, you are developing new eating habits and creating a healthier lifestyle. It takes a good amount of time to break old habits and create new ones. Unfortunately, today's world is all about instant gratification. Problem is, those who lose weight quickly never learn new habits and will generally gain it all back. Those who view losing weight as a diet, once they've lost the weight they go back to their old lifestyle and the weight creeps back on a pound at a time, sometimes more. Been there done that.

Maintaining weight and shape is an ongoing process....a life long process.

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OP, by the 15 month mark, some people who lost more weight faster have regained the difference... Would you rather be on your way down or up?
    You are winning at the losing game!
    Congratulations on your weight loss
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I took nearly 2 years to lose 30ish lbs, lol. It didn't bother me that it would be slow, because I don't like cutting many calories at all, so I did the super easy way. Now it's been about a year in maintenance on top of that, and I swear none of it feels that long looking backwards.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    60 lb down is amazing. I'd be more concerned about why you aren't giving yourself credit for the accomplishment rather than why you're not further ahead.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    OP, by the 15 month mark, some people who lost more weight faster have regained the difference... Would you rather be on your way down or up?

@joinn68 This is the best question/comment, that I've ever read. A motivational question/comment, rather than a motivational quote but it has the same inspiring effect, you're very impressively intelligent; well done! :)<3
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Took me over a year to lose 30lbs, so you're storming ahead of me!

You're 60lbs down, that's a great achievement, regardless of whether it took you a wee bit longer than some. Taking it slow, you've had the opportunity to change your habits and learn what's sustainable for you, rather than rushing only to possibly gain it back later because you haven't learn how to stay at that weight.
  • lucky41995
    lucky41995 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have now lost about 95lbs and it has taken me a little over a year to lose. But now I am in the biggest plateau I have ever been. I haven lost any "weight" in about 3 months. I have lost inches I get so frustrated because I'm so close to the 100lbs goal. I hit both gyms about 5 times a week. The reason why you may not be losing as fast as you want to is because you have less to lose. Now that I have lost a lot of weight I have less to lose therefor it is harder to lose it. So please do not be discouraged just trying to lose weight is the best thing.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »

@joinn68 This is the best question/comment, that I've ever read. A motivational question/comment, rather than a motivational quote but it has the same inspiring effect, you're very impressively intelligent; well done! :)<3

Thank you @MondayJune22nd2015