Tasty Quinoa??

Options

Replies

• comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I put quinoa in my chili.... prepare 1 cup uncooked quinoa as instructed, add to chili. So good and extremely filling
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just made this and loved it! I highly suggest it. Would also be good with chicken. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just the other night I was using up some plain left over quinow. It turned out amazing, the best quinoa I've tried so far. I sauteed crimini mushrooms (3), onion (1 small), garlic (2 large cloves), a splash of red wine (like 2 Tbsp), some gilled eggplant (about 3 3/4" thick round slices chopped up), a handful of copped kale, a Tbsp of chopped parsley, and a tomato. I stirred in the quinoa and added a bit of chili flake, oregano, and basil.
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I cook mine in stock rather then plain water, it absorbs the stock so is nicely flavored
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Also look up a broccoli-quinoa casserole
  • AuntieGinge
    AuntieGinge Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My hubby cooks garlic, onion, and any other veg in a little coconut oil, adds quinoa, water and a little white wine - delicious served on a bed of fresh baby spinach!
  • tamdeco
    tamdeco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite salads that's full of protein and easy to make.
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/black-bean-and-tomato-quinoa-238939
  • ntanasiciuk
    ntanasiciuk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the yummy sautéed veggies you can add, try cooking it with a bit of chicken broth next time.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa but only if it's with something like vinaigrette or lemon and then all the other diced goodies. It's amazing to make flavored like a pasta salad would be.

It's great to use in stuffed peppers.

Basically anything with strong flavors.
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just made it for the first time. I boiled a 1/2C quinoa with 1 C low sodium chicken broth. I then sautéed a pack of fresh mushrooms in EVOO and drained them when they were fully cooked. I then mixed the mushrooms and quinoa together. Delicious!
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://ifoodreal.com/one-pot-chicken-and-broccoli-quinoa/

I made this recipe this week for the family and they loved it. In fact, hubby grabbed a second helping!! I always cook with low sodium chicken broth instead of water and I changed that in the recipe as well.
  • skincaregirl66
    skincaregirl66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks so much i pinned this i am a quinoa fanatic and i think my son would like this too.
  • waterbyrde
    waterbyrde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I usually eat it as part of a casserole or with quinoa as part of the entree. Even in a quinoa-based salad it's very hearty and filling. Here are some of my favorites (you can also use it pretty interchangeably in recipes that call for rice, farro, or cous cous):

http://www.laaloosh.com/2013/05/16/crunchy-thai-quinoa-recipe/

I made a modified version of this crunchy thai quinoa recipe last weekend - different veggies, slightly less oil. It was absolutely wonderful. I've been on the fence about quinoa, but the peanut sauce really brought all the flavors together.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
  • mjlow19
    mjlow19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat mine for breakfast.....prepare as directed, then add dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sliced almonds and craisins.....soo yummy!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • parsnipou
    parsnipou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I find red quinoa far better tasting than white quinoa, i use it a lot in salad with roasted veggies, avo, tomatoes...with pesto or humus
  • teeli1313
    teeli1313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My fiancé makes a mojito quinoa salad that is a sensational side dish. Mint, a little lime, and just a sprinkle of sugar and salt. Sometimes we add a little green apple to give it a tart pop!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    This is my recipe I built in the recipe builder for Spicy Quinoa. It is great. For a heartier main dish, I add a can of tomatoes with mild green chilies and a can of black beans.

1 cup, Quinoa
    2 cups low sodium chicken stock
    1 tsp Ground Cumin
    1 tsp Chili powder
    1 tsp Black pepper
    1/2 tsp Sea Salt
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I always cook it with Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Beef Base. 1 tsp per cup of water. Definitely takes away the bland taste.
  • lauramtaylor15
    lauramtaylor15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made quinoa lettuce wraps. I made the quinoa as directed. As that was cooking I thinly sliced up a persian cucumber, piled up some shredded carrots, and heated up some pre cooked chicken. Sauce: peanut butter and sesame dressing. Pile everything on your lettuce and enjoy! p72jk4u52akd.jpeg