diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    brb... going to get some cheese.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Time for some fresh avocado . . .

Great OP!!

Delish! Just ate a salad with 1/2 avocado, 1 hard boiled egg, and full fat dressing.
    So. Good - and filling
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Oh_yeah.gif
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    It's true! There are good fats and bad fats. It's all th processed chemical crap and gmo stuff that's making us fat, not fats.

No - it's the excess calories that are making us fat.

"Processed chemical crap" may make those calories easier to obtain, but it not the processing or the chemicals that are to blame.

But how does making a plant herbicide-resistant change the calorie content of it? [By all means avoid GMO produce for other reasons, just not getting the connection to weight loss.]
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    someone said.everything in moderation. unfortunately females need more fat than males in order to be healthy. Recently there has been a slight switch in emphasis in health info. the work which sighted fat as being the problem has been challenged. someone has proved carbohydrates in a three form combination actually forms fat. This does not mean anything goes but as I started everything in moderation!!!!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'll be BLUNT....

Shame is felt only by the person perceiving.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's all th processed chemical crap and gmo stuff that's making us fat, not fats.

I thought it was eating ridiculously oversized portions that was making us fat...
    Man, if I had known that all I had to do was go organic (but still pig out), I woulda been all over that years ago.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    It's true! There are good fats and bad fats. It's all th processed chemical crap and gmo stuff that's making us fat, not fats.

No - it's the excess calories that are making us fat.

"Processed chemical crap" may make those calories easier to obtain, but it not the processing or the chemicals that are to blame.

But how does making a plant herbicide-resistant change the calorie content of it? [By all means avoid GMO produce for other reasons, just not getting the connection to weight loss.]

Words of wisdom
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat your fats! :drinker: (well, except trans fats)
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is BOTH the garbage they put in our food AND oversized portions that make us overweight. Eating organic is a valuable fat loss technique but it isnt everything.