JANUARY WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITION

Options
ChristinaShepp155
ChristinaShepp155 Posts: 191 Member
edited December 2015 in Challenges
JANUARY WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITION: New month, new competition. 1st weigh in will be this week, depending on your normal weigh in date. You log on our spreadsheet i'll be sending out or send me each weeks weight through here. Each week we see who lost the most and they are that weeks winners. I will post it on here and on my news feed.Then at the end of the month, well see who lost the most overall. January competition ends the last week of January. Let me know if your in so I can email you the spreadsheet :)

I have been doing this since September. Its been such a success!! Come join me for the New Year New You movement!!

Replies

• melom
    melom Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    K I'm in ! Hopefully this will help start me motivated.
  • ChristinaShepp155
    edited December 2015
    Options
    awesome hun, I will email you the spreadsheet. its through google, so you might have to download the app so it will be easier to add you weight each week OR you can just post your weight on here.

What's day do you usually weigh in on?
  • mrethy
    mrethy Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'd like to join! I generally weigh in Monday mornings, but am happy to change that up for the challenge.
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • shaunamcmillen
    shaunamcmillen Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning, I'd love to join in.
  • daralaloch
    daralaloch Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would like to be in this challenge.
  • ChristinaShepp155
    edited December 2015
    Options
    We have 2 Monday people, do you know your weight from this past Monday? if you do, that will great and I can add your starting weight already. Or if you want to pick a new day, that's fine also! :smiley:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Good morning posters,

I just want to offer you all a friendly reminder to not post your private contact information on the forums and to not send your private contact information to others on here. We encourage all users to protect their privacy. I highly encourage everyone to read over the community guidelines.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I weigh myself almost daily so if it's easier for you if I report it on a specific day that is fine with me.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    @ChristinaShepp155 There are ways to create a public link to the weigh in sheet that protects your identity and keeps others from sharing their email addresses. You can also post screenshots of the spreadsheet rather than linking it.
  • ChristinaShepp155
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I total understand that!! I'll post the spreadsheet link here also: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUsSLhjyJdzXzQ4-PFNJljiqMPMROoqFD9xTtWfxIVk/edit#gid=0

just copy and past it and add your name
  • ChristinaShepp155
    edited December 2015
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    @ChristinaShepp155 There are ways to create a public link to the weigh in sheet that protects your identity and keeps others from sharing their email addresses. You can also post screenshots of the spreadsheet rather than linking it.

I total understand that!! I'll post the spreadsheet link here also: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUsSLhjyJdzXzQ4-PFNJljiqMPMROoqFD9xTtWfxIVk/edit#gid=0

just copy and paste it and add your name
  • ChristinaShepp155
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Count me in! I weigh myself almost daily so if it's easier for you if I report it on a specific day that is fine with me.

I do it lol. yea just let me know the specific day. make sure you click the link and add your name to the spreadsheet

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

just copy and past it and add your name is you feel uncomfortable sending me your email or posting it.

I think the link you posted requires permission, which again is probably reliant on email addresses. If you want to make the spreadsheet public but don't want the link viewable by all of MFP, I would suggest setting up a private group using the Groups feature. I've been part of group challenges that utilize the spreadsheet, and rather than having each person enter their information individually, there is a weekly check-in for weigh-ins and challenges with the admin updating the spreadsheet.
  • ChristinaShepp155
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

just copy and past it and add your name is you feel uncomfortable sending me your email or posting it.

I think the link you posted requires permission, which again is probably reliant on email addresses. If you want to make the spreadsheet public but don't want the link viewable by all of MFP, I would suggest setting up a private group using the Groups feature. I've been part of group challenges that utilize the spreadsheet, and rather than having each person enter their information individually, there is a weekly check-in for weigh-ins and challenges with the admin updating the spreadsheet.

oooh ok, good idea thank you!!!

• MicaelaEspinosa
    MicaelaEspinosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in. How do I join the challenge
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

oooh ok, good idea thank you!!!

No problem, let us know if you have any questions about setting up a group. You can also link to the group in this discussion to help people find it.
  • ChristinaShepp155
    Options
    So when you click the link, I get an email asking if I give them access, I click yes, and yall all set!
  • ChristinaShepp155
    Options
    I am in. How do I join the challenge

click the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUsSLhjyJdzXzQ4-PFNJljiqMPMROoqFD9xTtWfxIVk/edit?userstoinvite=terihahn71@gmail.com&ts=5683f54d&actionButton=1#gid=0

it will email and ask for permission and I will say yes, then just add your name
  • weighting2findme
    weighting2findme Posts: 8 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge please, i am cool with posting my weight here...my weigh in day is typically Saturdays(just more time on my hands)...my weigh in this past Saturday was 246.6
This discussion has been closed.