Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What helped you today?

2»

Replies

• ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    [/quote]Yesterday we ate dinner way early, 4pm. So I was ready to raid the entire kitchen by 7pm. I settled on a quaker thin mint granola bar (about 100 calories), 4 tortilla chips, and a big mug of hot tea. By the time I was finished with the tea I was satisfied.

My advice? Save some room for a late night low-cal snack. And if you just can't fathom going to bed without a snack then go for it, but choose something around 100 calories or so and drink a lot of water/tea with it. If you end up going 100-200 calories over your daily limit you'll be fine. You won't lose weight quite as fast, but you'll still lose. Don't torture yourself.[/quote]

good idea! I'm going to try it :)

• robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Figuring out exactly what I plan to eat before I eat a meal, then sticking to it. If I have the urge to continue snacking or eating after the meal should be done, I've found sugarless gum or herbal tea helpful. Not accepting any excuses.
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    Figuring out exactly what I plan to eat before I eat a meal, then sticking to it. If I have the urge to continue snacking or eating after the meal should be done, I've found sugarless gum or herbal tea helpful. Not accepting any excuses.

I wish gum worked for me :), it usually just makes me hungry! Herbal tea sounds like a nice alternative to my diet peach Snapple..im going to try a tropical blend I found the other day while on vacay..it smells heavenly..

• cbrealtor55
    cbrealtor55 Posts: 37 Member
    I also had issues with late night snacks, esp if watching a ball game. I started using the big dill pickles. I would eat one when I wanted to snack, just a habbit when I watch games. It has worked for me.