Sweating for the Wedding

Options
13»

Replies

• jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    July 16
    15lbs down about 20 more to go. I'm doing heavy weights as well so am more concerned about my body composition rather than the number on the scale
  • thelittleonett
    thelittleonett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi brides!!! Getting married next NYE 12/31/16 woohoo!!! Looking to lose ten lbs to knock his socks off :) would love some bride buddies!! Add me! :)
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June! I tried on my dress for the first time last week, and it fits perfectly :) I'm looking to maintain my pre-engagement weight loss (25-30lbs!!) and keep toning up! Please add me!
  • salud2015
    salud2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Brides and brides to be:

I want to join too! I married my hubby September 2013 but we didn't have my dream ceremony. That may come later this year because I'm going to grad school and planning a wedding is not exactly a priority since we already exchanged our vows! That being said, I'd love to add a wifey that's trying to trim down like me. Thanks :)
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! not an MFP newbie, but extra motivated now that I will be getting married this year - wedding date is April 30th 2016! Ideally got about 10 lbs to go in the next 3 months...
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    Hi All! I got married this past September and successfully lost weight on my 'wedding diet' but I from my own experience I would recommend setting your goals for two weeks (or at least a week) before your actual wedding date. I made what ended up being a poor decision to cut my calories by an extra 100/day the month before, in sort of a home stretch effort to just... lose... a little... more. But I should have been eating more, not less because there is a lot going on in those last few weeks, and between the stress and the hectic schedule I got sick the week before my wedding. (Thankfully I rallied and felt fine for the big day!)

This is a great caution. Ladies and Gentlemen, be sure you are eating enough, every day. Starving ourselves is not why we are here. MFP to me is about using safe and healthy methods for improved overall personal health.
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Me :) April bride here. About 2-3 kilos away from the goal!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! 2.26.2016 !!!!!!
  • Missy_Monroe
    Missy_Monroe Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wedding is October 2017 - I'm just returning to MFP after a long break and our wedding is one of the many reasons I am here. I'm not 100% sure if counting calories DAILY works for me, so I have a hard time sticking to it, but I like to login to, at the very least, give myself a sanity check every now and then... make sure that what I'm eating and how much I'm eating isn't going overboard.
    ETA: I want to lose around 100 lbs over the next 2 years, although I am hoping to losing around 60-70 of that this year.
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I need to zone in on my hips and thighs.........just want a little bit gone..........best exercises?
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    purebells wrote: »
    Ladies - I need to zone in on my hips and thighs.........just want a little bit gone..........best exercises?

@purebells - Weighted squats, Sumo squats, hip/glute bridges, lunges (bodyweight and weighted - walking, reverse and "normal"), stepups, machine/cable/resistance band hip adductors and abductors.

Congrats to all of you brides-to-be...I've been married to my soulmate for 6 years this June. Just remember to enjoy yourselves and don't stress!