FitBit Worth the Price?

Options
13»

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    just a note about accuracy...mine alerted me the other night that i had reached my 10k steps while i was sitting at my computer...(surge)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    The only weird thing I notice is the flights of stairs. I went up 2 this morning but it showed 4 at some point. Not sure exactly how it calculates this.

It calculates using inclined feet and a flight of stairs is 10ft. If it's a commercial building with 20ft ceilings, you'll get credit for 2 flights. Since it uses incline feet, you can get credit for flights when you don't use any. Again, it's just doing incline feet, so walking up or down a hill with a total of 10ft of incline will credit you a flight. It's not perfect and it does make mistakes, but that's how it's calculated.

I get flights every day, but have none. I walk up and down the street which has a 12ft incline over 1/8th mile.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit Charge has never been inaccurate. I make sure to wear it on my non dominant wrist and make sure to set it that way on the Fitbit app, and I don't get extra steps for typing or anything.
  • renababadina
    renababadina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit charge hr last Jan 26th. It has helped me tremendously!! I have lost 148 lbs since I purchased it. If nothing else it is a great reminder to just get up and move. I am very goal oriented and like to push myself to beat new records. I recently bought a polar watch with the chest strap and was pleasantly surprised that the estimate that the Fitbit charge hr gives when I do my workouts are fairly close to the numbers from the polar watch with the chest strap.

As far as water goes, I do try and be careful and if I know I am going to be soaking wet, I take it off. I sweat a lot during workouts and it has not caused any issues yet. I have had mine replaced 2x's by Fitbit and they are very quick to send a replacement. My overall feeling is... If mine died today and it was outside warranty, I would go and replace it. I can't say I love my fitbit enough.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Charge HR baby! :D
  • sierratx
    sierratx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    [

When I don't have a pocket or waistband I just clip the zip into my bra and it's unobtrusive

Brilliant!!