edited January 2016
    Options
    Fat content of animal based meat/offal is dependent on:

1. What animal (species) we're talking about
    2. What age the animal was at slaughter
    3. What sex the animal was at slaughter
    4. What the animal was fed before slaughter
    5. What genetics the animal was selected for
    6. What part of the animal the cut whose fat content is being scrutinized came from

And probably other things I am forgetting at the moment. And not even addressing fat added during processing. But that's a solid start.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

6. What part of the animal the cut whose fat content is being scrutinized came from

And probably other things I am forgetting at the moment. And not even addressing fat added during processing. But that's a solid start.

This is ridiculously over the top. Whelp, i guess the question is impossible to answer unless you live on a ranch and raise, cut, and grind your own meats. And does the animal sex change after slaughter?

No one needs hyper accurate data to improve fitness. The general type and cut of the meat is plenty of information for calorie counting purposes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

This is ridiculously over the top. Whelp, i guess the question is impossible to answer unless you live on a ranch and raise, cut, and grind your own meats. And does the animal sex change after slaughter?

No one needs hyper accurate data to improve fitness. The general type and cut of the meat is plenty of information for calorie counting purposes.

Cosign.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Chips were fat. Open your diary. How many chips? The whole bag?
    The whole bag!? Haha I only had the rrecommended 125g.

Don't forget that this is an American website. Chips in the US are crisps in the UK.
    This is why you were asked whether you ate the whole bag. =)
    In my experience, it's wise to make it known that you are from UK or with certain foods translate it. For example; Crisps (Potato Chips) or Chips (Fries).
  • KwonJiYong69
    KwonJiYong69 Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

I would recommend focusing on your relationship with food, then worrying about the rest of it. You're avoiding foods, worrying about what to swap out, and questioning how to lower your fat numbers because someone told you pork is high in fat, without taking into account the type of pork or the amount. Please take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

• KwonJiYong69
    Options
    [
    I would recommend focusing on your relationship with food, then worrying about the rest of it. You're avoiding foods, worrying about what to swap out, and questioning how to lower your fat numbers because someone told you pork is high in fat, without taking into account the type of pork or the amount. Please take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

Yeah I told my boyfriend and he said that I logged the wrong pork? I put ham not gammon or soemthing.Thank you for your support and reply
  • KwonJiYong69
    Options
    =
    Open up your diary temporarily and I am sure there will be many people that will be able to help you with some alternatives.
    My relationship with food isn't healthy. I don't feel confident to show it sorry. I am trying to get normal and healthy eating habbits but I'm not near that stage at all yet it takes time i guess

( i dont know why my last reply cut the end off, sorry) Yeah I told my boyfriend and he said that I logged the wrong pork? I put ham not gammon or soemthing.Thank you for your support and reply Nearly done a week of eating maintenance calories now. Sorta proud haha
  • KwonJiYong69
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    Chips were fat. Open your diary. How many chips? The whole bag?
    The whole bag!? Haha I only had the rrecommended 125g.

Don't forget that this is an American website. Chips in the US are crisps in the UK.
    This is why you were asked whether you ate the whole bag. =)
    In my experience, it's wise to make it known that you are from UK or with certain foods translate it. For example; Crisps (Potato Chips) or Chips (Fries).

Oops I kinda just forgot that Americans call crisps chips. That makes a lot more sense..
  • KwonJiYong69
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    The important thing is that you're moving in the right direction. And finding out about nutrition can take a while, so good job on getting started on that.

Definitely recommend looking up macros and fiber and finding out why each are essential to a healthy you.

Pre logging your day can help out a lot too. You can switch things around in order to see what helps meet your goals.

I usually pre log for college days and I agree I think it helps a lot. Then its easier to make sure to eat enough/ not binge or something. I really need to try add more protein and iron is my main goal ATM. Thank you for replying :)