Bridesmaid in a June 2016 wedding looking for other bridesmaids or brides to be for support

Options

Replies

• suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My sister is eloping in a month, and my daughter is the flower girl in my brother's wedding in September. My FSIL asked me if I would be hurt if I wasn't a BM. I told her I would love her more, way more, if she didn't make me.

My sister is a BM for FSIL, and lordy the dress drama has already begun. 200$ these days for BM dresses. Yikes!
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Everyone post pictures at your wedding when it's time!
  • amkillilea
    amkillilea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bride to be! No set date, but we are looking at the end of this summer/early fall. I was already down 20lbs before the engagement, but I want to keep the momentum. In a perfect world I will be at my goal weight by the wedding by it is going to take some serious dedication and sweat!
  • neeve86
    neeve86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaid in August! Looking to hit goal by May and maintain but January's off to a rocky start :open_mouth:
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    July 9 Bride here, looking to lose about 20# and really tone up...if the scale doesn't move to my "goal", I'll be okay, I just want to feel the best on my wedding day on our TWO week Honeymoon! (whaaat, so crazy excited!) Feel free to add me brides & maids!
  • vanesaaldridge
    vanesaaldridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to be MOH in my childhood friends wedding in June and then next year it will be my turn to say I do. Feel free to add me. We all have some time of goal we are trying to reach.
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bride June 17th+beach honeymoon...My goal is to lose about 30 lbs by then so that's about 1 1/2 lbs a week.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaid in early August! I didn't lose as much as I wanted to for my own wedding in April 2015. So, I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs by summer 2016! Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bride July 2, 2016! I want to try to lose some weight! Woot!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm already married and no one I know is getting married.

I need to see you all in these dresses. Am so jealous. I love weddings :)

July 2016. Although my goal this year is to do a powerlifting competition, so no specific weight goal (and hey, the dress already fits).

w393hwun0srx.jpg
  • LexiCat192
    LexiCat192 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride in September. I would love to lose 50-60lbs, but trying hard just to change old habits into healthy ones. Feel free to add me!
  • miss_stephd
    miss_stephd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in May in my brother's wedding and a bride myself in September! Looking to lose 25-30lbs ideally but obviously not by my brother's wedding so we'll see what happens!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress! You look lovely!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats all you brides and bridesmaids-to-be! I'm going to be a bride in February then a bridesmaid later this year - ao excited! There is a lovely group here who are very supportive:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107053-bride-to-be-support-group
  • myssjaxson
    myssjaxson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding, but it isn't until the end of October (2016). I have 17lbs left total to reach my goal weight. Sooo gonna lose it by then haha
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Anyone else worried about their dress fitting? I ordered a large because that's what my measurements at the time corresponded to and I didn't want to order down in case I didn't lose but I've been doing really well so I'm afraid it's going to be way too big.
  • hh07
    hh07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    UK Bride-to-be, my wedding is Sep this year. Looking to lose at least 50lb hopefully more by then! Have sent a few of you friend requests - please feel free to add me too for support!
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not a bride or bridesmaid myself, but since you mention ED recovery and just wanting to focus on health in general, maybe a goal to focus on could be a muscle percentage? That way even if your weight fluctuates, you're building strength.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be, probably January 2017 so have loads of time. I do want to be in shape though.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    karlis87 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about their dress fitting? I ordered a large because that's what my measurements at the time corresponded to and I didn't want to order down in case I didn't lose but I've been doing really well so I'm afraid it's going to be way too big.

The designer who I bought my dress through said that they can cut down dresses 3-4 sizes. You should be fine; it's much easier to make a dress smaller than to try and let it out.