Bridesmaid in a June 2016 wedding looking for other bridesmaids or brides to be for support

Options

Replies

• karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    karlis87 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about their dress fitting? I ordered a large because that's what my measurements at the time corresponded to and I didn't want to order down in case I didn't lose but I've been doing really well so I'm afraid it's going to be way too big.

The designer who I bought my dress through said that they can cut down dresses 3-4 sizes. You should be fine; it's much easier to make a dress smaller than to try and let it out.

That's good to know. Mine has a lace overlay on top and a chiffon overlay on bottom so I was worried it wouldn't tailor very well.
  • tk1dgr1
    tk1dgr1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone else worried about their dress fitting? I ordered a large because that's what my measurements at the time corresponded to and I didn't want to order down in case I didn't lose but I've been doing really well so I'm afraid it's going to be way too big.

The designer who I bought my dress through said that they can cut down dresses 3-4 sizes. You should be fine; it's much easier to make a dress smaller than to try and let it out.

That's good to know. Mine has a lace overlay on top and a chiffon overlay on bottom so I was worried it wouldn't tailor very well.

Just make sure to leave plenty of time to get the fittings done. I procrastinated before the last wedding i was in and we ended up having to stuff my top to look even semi-normal.

I am making sure that doesn't happen again when I am in my brother's wedding in October 2016.
  • karlis87
    Options
    tk1dgr1 wrote: »

Just make sure to leave plenty of time to get the fittings done. I procrastinated before the last wedding i was in and we ended up having to stuff my top to look even semi-normal.

I am making sure that doesn't happen again when I am in my brother's wedding in October 2016.

How long do you think I need? I don't want to do it too far in advance and waste my money but I don't want to cut it too close either.
  • tk1dgr1
    Options
    How long do you think I need? I don't want to do it too far in advance and waste my money but I don't want to cut it too close either.
    I would go about a month out. If you have a tailor in mind you can also talk to them. Just don't wait until the week of.
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I want to join in too. I'm not a bride or bridesmaid ('cause marriage happened years ago, but I'm young at heart), and two of my best friends from high school (I was a bridesmaid in their weddings years ago) are coming to visit me in June. I want to have the great reveal moment when they see me at least 30 pounds (maybe more?) thinner than I was last time I saw them.
  • Cattabrie1972
    Cattabrie1972 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    April 2016 bride here.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    September 17th 2016 Bride to be. I have a lot of weight to lose but I just want to go as far as I can in the months up to the wedding.
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey. I don't know how to add people. My sister is getting married on the beach on June 10! I am looking to loose 15-20 lbs the healthy way. I am currently 143. Best of luck! We can do this!
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    20likenow wrote: »
    Hey. I don't know how to add people. My sister is getting married on the beach on June 10! I am looking to loose 15-20 lbs the healthy way. I am currently 143. Best of luck! We can do this!
    I sent you a friend request to accept it all you have to do it push the green check mark
  • missbloom
    missbloom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im getting married the same weekend as your sister's wedding. June 24th.My goal is to not feel self conscious on the day, not to go crazy with workouts and watching calories, but to just be mindful, plus being healthy will help with any stress that Im sure will come my way.

Eating clean and I have just started a kickboxing class (CKO) which I LOVE. It makes such a difference when you find something you enjoy, rather than trying to drag your booty to the gym.

• beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding as well. I have a bit more time, she is getting married July 22 2017 :) My goal is to firm up so I can look amazing for myself and her wedding pictures.
  • BethanyLeAnn91
    BethanyLeAnn91 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    MOH in my brother's wedding in October! Looking to lose 80lbs for this dress (and myself)!
  • drumbeatdrop
    drumbeatdrop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in both my brother and best friends wedding this summer! I also have recovered from an eating disorder and while I'd like to lose some weight, eating healthy is my ultimate goal. I am going to add you and please, anyone feel free to add me as well!
  • tk1dgr1
    Options
    I am so excited I had to share. When we went bridesmaid dress shopping today I actually fit into the standard sample dress! I have always had to watch if the shop only had standard sized samples. It was a size 14, the biggest they had but it made my day!
  • karlis87
    Options
    tk1dgr1 wrote: »
    I am so excited I had to share. When we went bridesmaid dress shopping today I actually fit into the standard sample dress! I have always had to watch if the shop only had standard sized samples. It was a size 14, the biggest they had but it made my day!
    That's fantastic. It's awesome to not worry about being an added stress to the bride because of weight.
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a bridesmaid in August 2016 on a wedding on a beach. My goal is to lose 40-50 lbs before the wedding. Add me if you like :)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    August bride here! I was in the process of losing weight anyway and I already have a dress that fits but I'd still like to look my best. I have a sheath dress with straps and a v-back so I'm really wanting my arms and back to be showing nice definition. And to have a more pronounced hourglass figure happening
  • karlis87
    Options
    August bride here! I was in the process of losing weight anyway and I already have a dress that fits but I'd still like to look my best. I have a sheath dress with straps and a v-back so I'm really wanting my arms and back to be showing nice definition. And to have a more pronounced hourglass figure happening

My arms are something I really need to work on. I always feel self conscious of my upper arms.
  • kkkatiekins
    kkkatiekins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married in October 2016 and am hoping to lose another 20 lb! We got this!
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    4ntjlic5bjw2.jpeg
    I purchased my bridesmaid dress today the color has changed from coral reef to parfait