Need low carb friends who want to lose 100+ lbs :)

Options
2»

Replies

• jojin04
    jojin04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too low carb 40 40 20
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    maryoe123 wrote: »
    Low Carb seems a very effective way to go, however, I can't because am a living kidney donor so I have to be a bit more conservative with my approach. I am still trying to keep below 60, but have just started so I am not sure how that will work. I live with my daughter who does low carb.

I don't know much about being a kidney donor but I do know there are some low carbers in the LCD that have kidney issues. A low carb diet is not high in protein and can be modified to accommodate kidney concerns. It sounds like you are getting close to very low carb if your carbs are at 60g. :). Good luck!
  • Fat2FitMD
    Fat2FitMD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Fat2FitMD wrote: »
    Hi. I will be starting my LCHF way of eating on Monday, Jan 4th. I just went grocery shopping today. I have my menus planned out and will have about 20 grams of carbs per day and moderate protein. I definitely need to lose over half my body weight to get to a healthy weight. I weight ABOUT 310 and should ideally weight between 120-135. All of that is secondary to me though. I just want to improve my health, get off my blood pressure meds, and be a positive example for my future patients after medical school is over. I'm only 5 feet 3 inches tall. I'm tired of the fatigue and feeling bad about myself. I'll definitely need the support and encouragement.

Good luck. :). If you are cutting your carbs that low you may want to increase sodium to 3000-5000mg per day. Because of water weight lost through a low carb diet, your electrolytes might get low which can cause fatigue, headaches, and soreness. Sometimes it is called the keto flu but it is just an electrolyte imbalance. Extra salt on your food, a daily cup of broth, and maybe a bit of extra magnesium and potassium will help prevent that.

I know it sounds like a lot, but extra salt can really help... Being in med school, you probably already know about that. :)

Thanks so much for the sodium tip. I ended up starting Sunday instead of waiting until Monday, and here I am two days later already putting out ketones in my urine!!! Trace amounts, but it's still registering on the ketostix! Yay! I know that the ketostix are not accurate and should not be relied on, but I just had to look....just had to!! Lol
  • 26glockgurl
    26glockgurl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the Keto diet (low carb high fat) and need to lose 100+ lbs for sure!!!

Hi Amber! Me toooooo! I just started LCHF today. Good luck and I wish you much success. o:)
  • riaward1990
    riaward1990 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm new to LCHF but am on day 7 and feeling generally good. Did a ketostik today (1st one ever) and it showed the maximum reading. I know they aren't reliable but at least it's showing something.

I'm currently on around 30g net carbs, moderate protein and the rest fat.

I'm struggling to eat my allowance of fat. Anyone have ideas for getting it in to meals?
  • all4koi
    all4koi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out on keto too, requested to friend some of you all too. I'm keeping my carbs to 20-25g daily and I'm not counting netcarbs, just straight carbs. I found that if I tried to do net carbs, I felt like I was cheating and may not be giving my body the best potential to get into keto. I also am struggling to figure out how to incorporate more fats aside from the thought of eating a tablespoon of coconut oil - eew. Butter and sour cream and olives are practically a daily thing for me now & I'm tired of it. I did pick up a new book called "Keto in 28" and had some really interesting receipes. Hit me up to friend me if you want. I could sure use some comparisions on food. Plus I've been feeling more fuller and having to compel myself to eat to get a higher caloric intake daily.
  • pjwood1967
    pjwood1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone that wants to add me please do I am on the keto diet and need to lose 70+. I am getting together supplies as I can and working with what I have. I've only lost 5 since the first but I have tried all kinds of diets and diet aids in the past year and I would gain weight not loose even a pound this is the first time I've seen the scale go down in 10 years but best of all I am able to comfortably get into some jeans I havent been able to in 3 or more months so I'll take that 5 thank you very much. My percentages for keto are 10 carb 20 protein and 70 fat. Waiting for my ketosis sticks to come in from Amazon. Got some liquid stevia, toffee and chocolate stevia as well. My favorite snack are the Reese's peanut or almond butter cups I make and Keto cheesecake. I need friends on here to help support me too.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Come over to the Low Carber Daily, linked above The people there are very welcoming. :)

Good luck.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Try the Low Carber Daily subgroup. There are many members who have lost, or are losing, significant amounts of weight. Plus they are a very friendly and helpful bunch. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

^^^THIS!! Hope to see you ALL on the LCHF boards!! :)