5'6-5'7 Ladies Goals

Options
123457»

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Funny to me how many ladies here have a current weight that is in my goal range.

Small/medium frame? I can touch my pinkie and thumb.

5'6, 185 now and was pretty happy at 165 previously. 157 puts me just inside normal BMI range and I think 140ish will put me about 24% body fat, depending on how lean body mass holds up. 122 I think I would look like one of the celebrity tabloid pics claiming actress X is anorexic.
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    5'6", current weight 163, goal weight 140-145 (we'll see when I get there). According to the "wrist test" I have a tiny frame (thumb overlaps quite a bit with pinky) but I have enormously long hands and feet (US 11) so I don't think it's super accurate for me. I would say I have a medium frame. It's been about 5 years since I was at my goal weight (142 in 2011) and I can't "weight" to get back (pun intended).
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm at 132-133 (and in my avi) and maintaining, but I'd love to put on about 5-6 lbs of muscle, especially in my back and delts. I have very broad shoulders (bones) and a big ribcage, but my wrists and ankles (and calves) are quite small and my limbs are all long for my height. I'm not large-framed all over, in other words. The elbow test does show large-framed for me, and the wrist one shows small.

I don't know what to call my size, but I'll give my stats since I remember how curious I was to see what different weights and sizes folks were in order to decide what weight I wanted for goal. 39 (35 underbust)-27/28-38.5 and 5'6" tall. I had to work to get the hip one back up by lifting! After losing, the top part of my glutes got kinda flat, but I put at least an inch on after eating more calories with weights :)
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 (167cm).

Starting Weight - ~90Kg (200lb) (Started on MFP at 85)
    Current Weight - 78Kg (172lb)
    Goal Weight - 65Kg(143lb) but would like to go down to 60Kg (133lb) if possible...

I'm probably medium build, but haven't weighed anything close to GW since I was about 15 years old...

• klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5'6, SW: 211, CW: 172, GW: 130ish

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'6".
    SW was 24
    CW is 172
    GW is 145
    I have a large frame
    I may just get to 150 and do some recomp, though..we'll see when I get there.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 26 YO

I started at 215 and I'm down to 207 so far. I'd like to be at 150, which would give me a healthy BMI for my height. I have a large frame and I'm pear shaped (endomorph): most of my weight is in love handles, my butt, and my lower back.
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'6" 25yrs medium frame here.
    SW in July 2015: 192
    CW: 147.6
    GW: 140
    UGW though might be less. I'm feeling a lot better where I'm at now (at a healthy normal BMI) but I'm not sure if I might want to lose a wee bit more once I hit my goal. I have been upping my strength training though so I may also just shift focus to recomp at 140. Not sure yet.
  • kboyce714
    kboyce714 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 44 years old, medium frame, and just starting out bc I've crept up to 155. My goal is 135. I'm hoping I can do this.
  • MarieMorin2015
    MarieMorin2015 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 18 y/o, medium to small frame, started at 161 lbs, now down to 133, goal weight is around 120!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I have been every single weight from 100 to 200 lbs in my adult life. Kind of mind boggling, no?
    I'm aiming for 150ish. Then I think I'll whittle away at body recomp for a while. Having been both overly slight and overly large, I have learned that my body looks most out of proportion at either end of the spectrum. Being somewhere in the middle should work well.
    I can overlap fingers at the wrist but I have verrrrrrrrry long fingers, as well as long feet, broad shoulders and a wide rib cage so I'll go with medium build. I did one of those measurement based body fat calculators and it guesstimated I have 125 lbs of lean body mass, which is more than my total weight when I got married! But I believe it could be true. Two full term pregnancies, years of toting around infants & toddlers, plus other types of physical labor have greatly increased my strength over the years.
    Best wishes all. May all our scale dreams come true!!! xoxo
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", starting weight 256lbs, current 242lbs and first goal is 210lbs, ultimate goal is 175lbs!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and only happy when I'm below 130lb, even with muscle. I'm fine boned with a small face and the weight really shows.
    I'm losing 1lb per month until May.