Is there anything you don't log?

Options

Replies

• MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices, vinegar, diet drinks, tea. I don't drink coffee at work every day but if I do, I have no way of measuring the milk that goes into it. I hate black coffee but I think that if the milk that goes into ONE cup of coffee is the only thing unlogged and I'm well within deficit, it really doesn't matter.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I don't log cough drops or peppermint (which I use to kill headaches as soon as they start.)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    kdz526 wrote: »
    Pickles do have calories, nothing is calorie free :P

I must have super cool pickles then cause the amt I use according to the jar says 0 for calories.

Sorry @kdz526, what you have is labels regulated by the FDA who says that is a food is under 5 calories per serving (whatever size that 'serving' is), the company can round down to 0 calories on the label. That's why you'll find a serving size is half a pickle or whatnot - if a serving was a full pickle, it would be over 5 calories and the label would have to reflect that.

They're very low, but not 0 calories. They're made from cucumber, cucumbers have calories.

Personally, I don't log the squeeze of lemon I put in my soda water, a lot of herbs unless I'm making a recipe, and while I do log my veggies, I don't weigh them, I just guestimate.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    There are a few things I don't always log. I don't always log veggies I eat, it depends. If I eat a bunch, I log. Sometimes I eat a bagel and cream cheese and I don't usually log the piece of tomato I add on top of it, for instance. I don't log my coffee or the creamer I put in it usually. I don't log condiments like mustard. I don't log my gummy vitamins. It's worked out for me anyway and I'm steadily losing. If at any point I stop losing weight, I'll immediately tighten up my loose logging but so far so good.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    i pretty much log everything even if no calories, except for most spices and the small test tasting bites/sips i take when cooking certain foods..
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    water, unsweetend tea, gum, vitamins, cold/allergy medicine

was ditto on the cold medicine, and than i happen to find out the weekend after thanksgiving that each of the five cups of nyquil i took the day before actually had like 93 calories in them! it was a surprise, although it was a duh, its got alcohol in it, one.

Yeah, it has a bunch of calories. I don't get sick very often though. I figure if I am sick enough to take cold medicine then I'm just not going to worry about being exact in my logging that week. If it was something I took every day I'd probably account for it.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Cold/allergy meds are the only thing I don't log and that's just because it adds insult to injury to see the calories in the cough drops and stuff, haha. You're sick, why make it worse. XD

But food wise/drink wise - every single morsel always.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kdz526 wrote: »
    mustard and pickles..but they don't have calories

My pickles are 21calories for a piddly 30g and 5g carbs. Mustard isnt too bad at 17 cals for 15g. But obviously everything has calories :wink:

In answer to the OP, i don't log herbs and spices, that's about it.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I don't log my coffee (I drink it black). I know there are calories in it but the damage from not logging it doesn't bother me.

Agreed. I log the Half & Half I put in my coffee, but not the coffee itself, and I'm OK with that.

I also don't log spices. Or bacon.

Just kidding about the bacon, but I wish I didn't have to log it! :wink:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices if I sprinkle them on a dish (I do log them in the recipe builder, mostly so I can have the full ingredient list if I want to make it again). I also don't log my mustard, but I do log ketchup, Worcestershire, soy sauce, vinegar, etc. I log my leafy greens, but I eyeball them rather than weigh them.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the only thing i consistently dont log are diet sodas or other always 0 calorie things.

spices i log, but are usually an estimate, unless its something in a recipe and then i use the recipe builder.
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't log seasonings or spices. Don't log mustard but will log ketchup cause I can easily over do it. I don't log black coffee or zero cal drinks or lemon in my water. If I were to have a burger or something with some lettuce, pickle, tomato, onion, I would probably not log those toppings since it would be such a small amount.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee (but do log the milk), non-caloric herb teas, or the wedge of lemon or lime I put in my water glass (usually 1/8 fruit daily). I don't usually log dried herbs or added salt (no health issues with it), but do log spices that I know have a few calories (cumin, turmeric, cinnamon). I occasionally forget to log vinegar. I do log other condiments, all vegetables including pickled ones, non-zero-calorie herb teas, and pretty much everything else. I even estimate & log tiny food samples at the grocery store.

Yes, this is not fully consistent behavior across the board!
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    I don't log my multiple cups of tea with milk...not calorie free but i'm sure falls within the margin of error! :wink:
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Coffee and zero calorie beverages (including water), zero calorie zinc lozenges (I logged the ones that included sugar that were all I had on hand when this last cold started), dietary supplements (vitamins and minerals), herbs and spices - unless they are included in a recipe I am creating.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Dry spices (I do log all condiments though), black coffee, tea. I also eyeball leafy greens :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Spices, vinegar, coffee, tea, splenda, diet drinks
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices, any tea or coffee (I use 0 cal sweetners), the splash of milk I add to my tea or coffee as it's usually semi-skimmed and miniscule. Diet drinks with no calories so diet fizzy pop etc. Small amounts of lettuce, mushroom or spinach if I'm feeling lazy (and they're not considerably large enough to make a difference)
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Anything with 0 calories
  • Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Spices, garlic, non stick spray(which I know has calories), but I think that's about it.
  • Autumn_Elixir
    Autumn_Elixir Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't log every single thing, if it's under 10 or 15 calories I generally won't log it since I'm a pretty active person for one and two, if I'm eating at a deficit then 10 calories isn't really going to matter all that much. Besides, becoming calorie counting obsessed is not something I favor doing again, so I'm still counting--just with a more relaxed approach.