Is there anything you don't log?

Options

Replies

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    kdz526 wrote: »
    Pickles do have calories, nothing is calorie free :P

I must have super cool pickles then cause the amt I use according to the jar says 0 for calories.

Dill's might not have any calories but they are the sodium BOMB. 1 pickle can have 1,000mg sodium depending on size. Mustard also has a lot of sodium

I don't track herbs and spices unless they are spice mixes which sometimes contain a lot of sodium.

If you could care less about sodium then meh
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »

I must have super cool pickles then cause the amt I use according to the jar says 0 for calories.

Dill's might not have any calories but they are the sodium BOMB. 1 pickle can have 1,000mg sodium depending on size. Mustard also has a lot of sodium

I don't track herbs and spices unless they are spice mixes which sometimes contain a lot of sodium.

Cucumbers have calories, so why wouldn't pickles? I guess it's one of those FDA rules since it probably has 5 or less calories per serving, so it can legally say zero on the jar.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »

Cucumbers have calories, so why wouldn't pickles? I guess it's one of those FDA rules since it probably has 5 or less calories per serving, so it can legally say zero on the jar.

That's exactly what it is. The serving size is small enough that it comes to under 5 calories, so they can round down to zero.
  • Vegatron70
    Vegatron70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Even though some item do not have calories, i try to log everything so i can go back and see exactly what My diet was like and change things as needed, while certain items may not have calories (Ex.diet soda, splenda), these items do effect your digestive system. t the end of the day, its really up to you. Hope this information helps..

• nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Water. I probably should though because it'd be good for me to know how much of it I actually drink (or don't drink).
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    Water. I probably should though because it'd be good for me to know how much of it I actually drink (or don't drink).

Yeah, I don't log my water intake on MFP but I do on my Fitbit app.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Don't log exercise
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Herbs, salt, pepper, plain coffee and tea, vinegar, medicines (some people do! )
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    People like me lol

I log everything!

Even the zero sprays (which aren't zero at all!)

So my daily herbs and spices plus the butter sprays and my coffee plus tea is good for an amount of 150 calories easily.

so yes i log everything

ps: there is also the nutrition information that i like to have...there is a lot of potassium in herbs and that is important for me as a person who cooks salt less.

95069916.png
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Currently I only log 1 calorie for most green vegetables. If I put butter on them I log that. DO far so good. When I am closer to goal I will log correctly. If I start loving them before I am close, I will log correctly.

I am certain I didn't gain weight overeating green vegetables.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Not the coffee or tea - but I put an entry for milk in my breakfast - to allow for what I add during the day.

Not psyllium - that I have 2-3 tbsp per day - I ignore the "maybe" carbs it has

No spice - but only one of my spice mixes has sugar - the rest is negligable
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything after I'm "pickled", because pickles have zero calories.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I won't log spices unless it's in the recipe builder. I also don't log things like lemon-infused water. While I do believe adding lemon (or other fruit to water) adds some small number of calories - it's not worth the hassle trying to work out how many (or few) that might actually be.

I try to log everything else - even "zero calorie" things like diet soda (unless i'm having the free diet soda I get to have while at work)
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't log water, diet soda, dry herbs and spices unless in recipes, lemon (and TrueLime) in my water. The odd taste of food here and there, but it's unusual for that to be more than a few bites in a week.

I do log black coffee, because it has potassium and I try to get more potassium. Fresh herbs because I tend to use a lot of them.

I eyeball everything, though, unless I'm baking (because baking requires a certain amount of precision to work). I lose well enough.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, 0 calorie beverages, my gummie multivitamins or my psyllium husk.
  • karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Spices and ketchup. Because who wants to do all that??
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I don't log salt, I rarely use it, and I'm not watching sodium anyway. I log my tea (nothing added to it) as water. Otherwise, everything is logged.
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Herbs, spices, crystal light, diet soda I don't log.
    I drink a lot of the monster ultra drinks, calories free, but sodium. So it's a50/50 with those
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Condiments