P R O T E I N

Options
2»

Replies

• Austintito
    Austintito Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hands down best tasting I've had is MTS Whey protein.
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Not trying to be snotty, but if you are pretty sure there are a zillion posts just like this, why are you posting another one?

I don't really think it matters if there are duplicate posts on this forum. The main purpose of the site is to interact with people who share your goals, not to disseminate information.

I'm betting that depends on who you ask. The main purpose for this site is to generate revenue and exposure for UA.

How would fewer posts increase their revenue or exposure?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not trying to be snotty, but if you are pretty sure there are a zillion posts just like this, why are you posting another one?

I don't really think it matters if there are duplicate posts on this forum. The main purpose of the site is to interact with people who share your goals, not to disseminate information.

I'm betting that depends on who you ask. The main purpose for this site is to generate revenue and exposure for UA.

How would fewer posts increase their revenue or exposure?

I'm not following you. It wouldn't, at least not directly. But for some people, more posts do not enhance their MFP experience, as you originally suggested. Or at least that's how I interpreted it. The quality of one's experience on MFP is impacted by a number of things, and can vary person to person. More posts don't necessarily enhance that experience. Lots of people are here to learn and do more reading than they do posting. And that's not a bad thing.

I was just curious why someone who knew the answer was already out there decided to ask again rather than go find it.

But this is way way way way way off topic, even by MFP standards. So, OP... sorry, back to your originally schedule program.
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cookie flavour from (myprotein)whey is lush.... Has to be with milk... Yum yum yum
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cookie flavour from (myprotein)whey is lush.... Has to be with milk... Yum yum yum

Good point. Mixing with milk makes such a big difference compared to water.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lmxxox wrote: »
    You are all wonderful. Thank you! I'm not so sure about drinking it, but I definitely have some killer recipes that calls for it as an ingredient. Y'all are awesome. <3o:)

First of all, I'm going to drop this here for recipes: https://theproteinchef.co/

My go to recently changed their formulation, so I'll be on the lookout for a new protein myself. I went through a horrible period of buying several blind and hating them. I highly recommend spending more per serving and getting a sample or a 7-10 serving size to make sure you like it before buying a huge tub.
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Good point. Mixing with milk makes such a big difference compared to water.

Never the same with water..
    Not try it with Greek yet..
    Ohh may have too...
    Hoping the strawberry cheesecake whey one is as yummy... Hurry up cheesecake
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Trutein is my go to, but like someone else said, I don't drink it; I make stuff. Cheesecake, pancakes, proats...Vanilla Bean is my favorite flavor because it's versatile, but Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate PB Cup, Cinnabun, and Red Velvet Cake were legit too.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Allmax Nutrition Hexapro, Decadent Milk Chocolate Shake. I like it because it gets thick and I can't really taste the sucralose. My hubby doesn't really like it because it's thick. He likes the ones that are more like milk, and less like a shake. Right now he's using the PVL Iso-Gold (which may be in Canada only). We both mix it with unsweetened almond milk.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Trutein is my go to, but like someone else said, I don't drink it; I make stuff. Cheesecake, pancakes, proats...Vanilla Bean is my favorite flavor because it's versatile, but Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate PB Cup, Cinnabun, and Red Velvet Cake were legit too.

They were my go to, but they must have changed the recipe recently because between the last batch and my current, the flavor is just off. So sad. Maybe it's not enough to notice in recipes, but it is in the shakes. Maybe I should look into making recipes.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

They were my go to, but they must have changed the recipe recently because between the last batch and my current, the flavor is just off. So sad. Maybe it's not enough to notice in recipes, but it is in the shakes. Maybe I should look into making recipes.

To me, all protein shakes taste off and most of them are too sweet for my liking. Protein sludge and pancakes are my favorite things to make.

I tried Optimum Nutrition and it was disgusting. I threw both of them out.
  • dan_crompton
    dan_crompton Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    there are basically two main types of protein in supermarkets;

A whey protein is broken down pretty sharpish. This is why it is used post workout, in order get nutrients to the muscles and aid repair strait away.

A casein protein is broken down much more slowly ("slow release") and is typically taken before bed so the nutrients are delivered to the body over the next few hours.

a more expensive protein will most likely taste better and mix much more easily too. For someone who is just starting out; look at what your eating and what your goals are. If you are not getting enough protein in your normal meals, or need to increase your protein intake without the fats/sugars/crap, then get whatever whey you like the taste of that won't break the bank. Don't go fancy because everyone else is doing it.

remember though, a lot of protein powders are from dairy. if you can't use this, look into beef or soy proteins
  • almamorales76
    almamorales76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy nectar protein. I love them! Strawberry, cappuccino, chocolate truffle are my fave. Very little to no carbs and sugar.