Your Non-Negotiable item

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I decided very early in the process that I wasn't going to give up foods I love, or make myself eat food I don't like, for the sake of losing weight.

I did, however, for the most part, stop drinking my calories.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    I have to have coffee in the morning and red wine at night. Not every night, but most.
    I won't eat reduced fat cheese. I LOVE cheese and that just ruins it for me.
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    It is the only kind i will not give up!!
    Coffee and hazelnut creamer. OMG i have at least 3 cups a day, I don't think I could live my life without it. Also Indian tea.. It is a special tea with cream. It is my favorite.

I absolutely will NOT eat hummus. I don't care how many people tell me it is good for me.. that stuff is NASTY

I miss hazelnut creamer. Stoopid Australia.

• smbainter
    smbainter Posts: 1 Member
    Lots; coffee with my creamer. Cheese. Sour cream, people,use Greek yogurt in place of it? I still don't understand that. It's not that high in calories as it is, measured properly.

My wife loves sour cream, she has switched to greek yogurt (fage), imo tastes just like sour cream and is much much healthier. I'm not just going by calories on that either, the protein content is much higher.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    I enjoy a glass (or two) of wine at least once a week.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I haven't given up any food entirely to lose weight. I have reduced consumption of some things. I don't really have a routine food or drink like a morning cup of coffee.
    I would not like to give up dairy products unless they made me ill. I prefer full fat dairy products.
    I would not like to give up popcorn. I love popcorn.
    I would not like to give up all meat. I do eat more meatless meals and less beef these days but that is mostly a financial choice.
    I mostly drink water or unsweetened teas. I would not like to give up drinking water.

I'm not going to willingly consume health shakes, tofu, things with artificial sweeteners, most seafood or liver if there are other choices. Kale doesn't excite me. I don't want to eat poached eggs.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Dessert in general.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited January 2016
    I refuse to give up real butter, full fat cheese, whole eggs, and peanut butter. I just eat sensible portions. I also can't stand chicken breasts (operator error while cooking perhaps?), so I choose to eat skinless thighs instead ( again, sensibly portioned and seasoned).

I do like fat free yogurt and Greek yogurt as a sour cream substitute and "light" salad dressings. Tastes pretty much the same to me, and the Greek yogurt sneaks in extra protein here and there.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Half and half in my coffee. I have it down to only my first cup in the morning. :-)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Chocolate, red meat and alcohol (not that I drink every, or even most nights, but I don't want to feel that I CAN'T have a beer or split a bottle of wine with friends).
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Chocolate, red meat and alcohol (not that I drink every, or even most nights, but I don't want to feel that I CAN'T have a beer or split a bottle of wine with friends).

Oh yeah, I forgot wine. Can't seem to give that up!
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Veggies. Healthy and highly recommended. But I dislike most of them, except for brocolli/cooked carrots/french beans.

Chocolates and ice-cream are 2 things I won't leave.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Half and half. I like others, I've tried drinking black coffee.. But I just couldn't do it. Also, ketchup. It's relatively low calorie.. Unless you're me and use about 7 servings at a time.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Potatoes. I don't care who says carbs are the devil.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I refuse to give up wine to lose weight. I drink it most every day.
    I refuse to drink shakes or smoothies or eat anything I don't enjoy in an effort to lose weight.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Diet coke
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    My non-negotiable are cream in my coffee, real butter, full fat salad dressing, super dark chocolate, full fat cheese, and sour cream.

Things that are healthy/low calorie that I will not eat are organ meats, artificially sweetened items, and onions.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    I will not give up my morning coffee. I put 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of half and half in it. I don't have more than 2 per day. I have it figured at 71 calories per cup. Sometimes I just have one.

I really want to lose weight, but my diet has to be something I can live with every day. If it isn't then I will just eventually go back to my old ways and gain the weight back. So far I have lost 21 pounds so I guess the coffee isn't hurting me too much. I could probably switch to low fat half and half, but when I look at the ingredients there are too many words I can't pronounce so I stick with the regular.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited January 2016
    Zellyrus wrote: »
    I was wondering if people have a particular food/routine they won't give up or reversely a healthy food they absolutely won't eat.

I HAVE to have coffee in the morning and I always have milk (skim) and sugar. Tried to drink it with less of both, but bleh o_o

Good butter and cheese probably top the list. I can put up with a lot of crap food, but not those. I won't give them up.

Healthy food I won't eat? Besides the ones I had to give up per doc's orders? hmmm I can't think of any.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    tcaley4 wrote: »
    Peanut butter

And I thought I was the only person who didn't like peanut butter.