Coke Zero? WTF is in that thing?

Options
13»

Replies

• chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is my goto drink. I was a diet coke fan, then it started making me sick, I switched to regular Coke which is soooo yummy, but wanted rid of the calories. I switched to coke zero and it makes me happy. I don't get sick from it like I was from diet coke. BUT I only let myself drink it after I get at least 48 oz of water in first - I consider it my reward before I drink the rest of my water for the day. I don't drink enough of it to be worried about whatever chemicals are in it.
  • 67butterfly
    67butterfly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ^ I Totally agree with you on this ^
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't know what's in it but it makes me nauseated and I get a headache. Can't be good for me

I have the same reaction to any drinks made with sucralose or acesulfame.

According to www.thecoca-colacompany.com, the ingredients in Coke zero are:

Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Aspartame, Potassium Benzoate (to protect taste), Natural Flavors, Potassium Citrate, Acesulfame Potassium, Caffeine

EDIT: That's the US version. Ingredients vary by country.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm also marginally perplexed by MFP's database listing for it: A 600ml bottle has 2 calories and 1 carb?? Whut?

A string of chemical names isn't overly informative. Some products intentionally use formal terminology to gloss over products that mightn't be popular. But thank you for trying.

The OP above has you boggled about MFP's database listing for it, indicating that you are not sure how many calories or carbs it actually has in it. Also stating that you don't care about chemicals in the first place. So I took that to mean that you wanted to verify that 2 calories and 1 carb is actually what it contains. Reading the label will tell you that.

So would going to Coke's website and looking it up there as someone above did. Instead of trusting strangers on a forum to tell you, you could have found out yourself. Then gone the extra step and googled those ingredients.

But that's just my take on it.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't know what yours has in it, but mine usually has a taste of Captain Morgan.
    It's the closest thing to regular old Coke that I've found.

love this^

me too! : )
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is my b!tch
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less. Diet Coke is my drug of choice.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't know what yours has in it, but mine usually has a taste of Captain Morgan.
    It's the closest thing to regular old Coke that I've found.

Mine normally has a taste of captain morgan as well, specifically captain morgan private stock.

I heard coke zero has alot more caffiene then normal/diet coke.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Note- food manufacturers (or drink) are allowed a margin of error I believe up or down 5 calories(which is why most pickles say zero calories and most artificial sweeteners as well) they use it to there advantage as expected. so if the serving size has less that 5 calories they can claim zero(pretty sure it's 5, but not 100%)
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm also marginally perplexed by MFP's database listing for it: A 600ml bottle has 2 calories and 1 carb?? Whut?

A string of chemical names isn't overly informative. Some products intentionally use formal terminology to gloss over products that mightn't be popular. But thank you for trying.

The OP above has you boggled about MFP's database listing for it, indicating that you are not sure how many calories or carbs it actually has in it. Also stating that you don't care about chemicals in the first place. So I took that to mean that you wanted to verify that 2 calories and 1 carb is actually what it contains. Reading the label will tell you that.

So would going to Coke's website and looking it up there as someone above did. Instead of trusting strangers on a forum to tell you, you could have found out yourself. Then gone the extra step and googled those ingredients.

But that's just my take on it.

>Then gone the extra step and googled those ingredients
    >extra step and googled those ingredients
    >googled those ingredients
    >google

it's a beautiful thing.
  • dreaminaway
    Options
    I don't know what's in it, but I wish I liked it. Coke was the one thing I've always loved to drink, and when I tried to avoid it, I found myself drinking Mountain Dew. Not really an improvement! Coke Zero has a very unappealing taste to me, as does anything diet.