What's your Favorite feel-good Healthy Meal?

Options
Couleesmi
Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
Is it a breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner? Or anytime?!
What's a meal that is super yummy that you feel good after eating.. (You know what I mean.. Pizza is amazing but afterwards D; lol)

I'm a vegetarian, but I was hoping to get some ideas to try and make better diet choices..

I've recently looked into oatmeal egg white pancakes and want to give them a try.. But I really wish I new more about nutrition :( Hmm..

Replies

• PinksMoves
    PinksMoves Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I loooove avocado on ANY kind of toast with a lil bit of chili powder. Or TIU pancakes.. I like the recipes from Blogilates.. Soft boiled egg with corn tortillas and chili powder..
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like dishes with lots of fresh veggies, lettuce wraps, spaghetti squash, grilled lean meats and veggies. If I am looking for comfort food a simple meat loaf made with lean beef and a side of mashed cauliflower hits the spot.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/turkey-picadillo-lettuce-wraps.html
    Turkey+Picadillo+Lettuce+Wraps3.JPG

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/tuna-puttanesca-spaghetti-squash.html
    Tuna%2BPuttenesca%2BSpaghetti%2BSquash2.jpg

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/microwave-garlic-mashed-cauliflower.html
    Microwave+Garlic+Mashed+Cauliflower.jpg

• teacherbecky1982
    teacherbecky1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower pizza crust
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers for me :)

On a side note, do you have a papa Murphy's pizza nearby? I love their veggie on thin crust. You can indulge and not feel guilty!
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with tomatoe sauce and mozzarella cheese. Or else Brussels sprouts shredded and baked with an egg on top.
    Just keep at it... You'll learn as you go :smiley:
  • adigriffon
    adigriffon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love shakshuka with an egg - veggies that are filling and tasty! See smitten kitchens recipe online.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    The chicken strawberry poppyseed seasonal salad at panera... Craving it every day now that its not on the menu lol
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I call it Zoodle Soup--lunch or dinner. Saute 1 chopped tomato and 2 pressed cloves of garlic in 1 Tablespoon olive oil until tomato breaks down. Add one spiralized large zucchini. Season with salt (or bouillon paste, my fave), black pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Add 1 cup of water and let cook down until the zucchini is as done as you like. Stir in 1 ounce goat cheese and let it melt into the broth. This is a giant bowl of warm, spicy food with lots of texture and flavor and is right at 300 calories and gives you several servings of veggies!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favourite..... I don't eat food I don't like, and I don't judge health by one meal. Pizza doesn't make me feel like crap - too much broccoli on the other hand, blah! My "go to, can't be bothered cooking" meal is usually a burger and sweet potato chips/fries.... Either home made or bought out from a place that makes fresh burgers from decent ingredients

Most of my meals are based around a protein source and vegies (even my protein pancake stack has a couple of serves of zucchini hidden in it). I season with loads of herbs and spices and prepare the vegies in different ways. I eat around 2kg vegies every day so I think I'm getting decent nutrition in there
  • Lisa_Dubh
    Lisa_Dubh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried portobellos as burger buns and it was delish!
    Here's a recipe on how to prepare them (http://www.letsregale.com/roasted-portobello-mushroom-buns/), I made meat ones with spinach and a bit of low fat coleslaw with sweet potato fries, It was so good!

• parsnipou
    parsnipou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I often make a salad bowl with cold cooked red quinoa, avocado, roasted butternut, tomato, green onions, cucumber served with humus and toasted seed. It is healthy and delicious.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

Love to make 'Budda Bowls'
    thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2015/09/creamy-butternut-squash-broccoli.html#.VpJUhRU4HtR

I too make oatmeal pancakes with egg whites - I throw some protein powder and cottage cheese (dry curd - way less sodium in this variety and good protein too).
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    8oz Sirloin Med Rare and grilled veggies.
  • Crystal82588
    Crystal82588 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today I had a turkey burger without the bun with black beans & carmalized onions on top with sweet potato fries. My kids even liked it.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    sushi :D
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My fav healthy meal is oven baked salmon with rice pilaf and steamed green beans. Yum!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I had it today for lunch. Red leaf romaine, half a roma tomato, a whole avocado and some colby jack chunks. I fixed it at work and forgot to add the dressing since it didn't even need it with all the avocado!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    sushi :D

yaassss!!!
  • hrdhrdhrd
    hrdhrdhrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Black beans and eggs, caulirice, zoodles!
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bulgur pilaf with beets, pine nuts, and goat cheese.