What's your Favorite feel-good Healthy Meal?

Couleesmi
Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
Is it a breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner? Or anytime?!
What's a meal that is super yummy that you feel good after eating.. (You know what I mean.. Pizza is amazing but afterwards D; lol)

I'm a vegetarian, but I was hoping to get some ideas to try and make better diet choices..

I've recently looked into oatmeal egg white pancakes and want to give them a try.. But I really wish I new more about nutrition :( Hmm..

Replies

• PinksMoves
    PinksMoves Posts: 7 Member
    I loooove avocado on ANY kind of toast with a lil bit of chili powder. Or TIU pancakes.. I like the recipes from Blogilates.. Soft boiled egg with corn tortillas and chili powder..
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I like dishes with lots of fresh veggies, lettuce wraps, spaghetti squash, grilled lean meats and veggies. If I am looking for comfort food a simple meat loaf made with lean beef and a side of mashed cauliflower hits the spot.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/turkey-picadillo-lettuce-wraps.html
    Turkey+Picadillo+Lettuce+Wraps3.JPG

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/tuna-puttanesca-spaghetti-squash.html
    Tuna%2BPuttenesca%2BSpaghetti%2BSquash2.jpg

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/microwave-garlic-mashed-cauliflower.html
    Microwave+Garlic+Mashed+Cauliflower.jpg

• teacherbecky1982
    teacherbecky1982 Posts: 5 Member
    I love cauliflower pizza crust
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Stuffed peppers for me :)

On a side note, do you have a papa Murphy's pizza nearby? I love their veggie on thin crust. You can indulge and not feel guilty!
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Spaghetti squash with tomatoe sauce and mozzarella cheese. Or else Brussels sprouts shredded and baked with an egg on top.
    Just keep at it... You'll learn as you go :smiley:
  • adigriffon
    adigriffon Posts: 12 Member
    I love shakshuka with an egg - veggies that are filling and tasty! See smitten kitchens recipe online.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    The chicken strawberry poppyseed seasonal salad at panera... Craving it every day now that its not on the menu lol
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited January 2016
    I call it Zoodle Soup--lunch or dinner. Saute 1 chopped tomato and 2 pressed cloves of garlic in 1 Tablespoon olive oil until tomato breaks down. Add one spiralized large zucchini. Season with salt (or bouillon paste, my fave), black pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Add 1 cup of water and let cook down until the zucchini is as done as you like. Stir in 1 ounce goat cheese and let it melt into the broth. This is a giant bowl of warm, spicy food with lots of texture and flavor and is right at 300 calories and gives you several servings of veggies!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I don't have a favourite..... I don't eat food I don't like, and I don't judge health by one meal. Pizza doesn't make me feel like crap - too much broccoli on the other hand, blah! My "go to, can't be bothered cooking" meal is usually a burger and sweet potato chips/fries.... Either home made or bought out from a place that makes fresh burgers from decent ingredients

Most of my meals are based around a protein source and vegies (even my protein pancake stack has a couple of serves of zucchini hidden in it). I season with loads of herbs and spices and prepare the vegies in different ways. I eat around 2kg vegies every day so I think I'm getting decent nutrition in there
  • Lisa_Dubh
    Lisa_Dubh Posts: 35 Member
    Last night I tried portobellos as burger buns and it was delish!
    Here's a recipe on how to prepare them (http://www.letsregale.com/roasted-portobello-mushroom-buns/), I made meat ones with spinach and a bit of low fat coleslaw with sweet potato fries, It was so good!

• parsnipou
    parsnipou Posts: 32 Member
    I often make a salad bowl with cold cooked red quinoa, avocado, roasted butternut, tomato, green onions, cucumber served with humus and toasted seed. It is healthy and delicious.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member

Love to make 'Budda Bowls'
    thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2015/09/creamy-butternut-squash-broccoli.html#.VpJUhRU4HtR

I too make oatmeal pancakes with egg whites - I throw some protein powder and cottage cheese (dry curd - way less sodium in this variety and good protein too).
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    8oz Sirloin Med Rare and grilled veggies.
  • Crystal82588
    Crystal82588 Posts: 5 Member
    Today I had a turkey burger without the bun with black beans & carmalized onions on top with sweet potato fries. My kids even liked it.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    sushi :D
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    My fav healthy meal is oven baked salmon with rice pilaf and steamed green beans. Yum!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    I had it today for lunch. Red leaf romaine, half a roma tomato, a whole avocado and some colby jack chunks. I fixed it at work and forgot to add the dressing since it didn't even need it with all the avocado!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    sushi :D

yaassss!!!
  • hrdhrdhrd
    hrdhrdhrd Posts: 2 Member
    Black beans and eggs, caulirice, zoodles!
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Bulgur pilaf with beets, pine nuts, and goat cheese.